BenQ FP737s (Q7T3) issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BenQ FP737s (Q7T3) issue

My friend has a BenQ FP737s LCD screen and the standby light goes green but nothing comes up on the screen. I think it might be an inverter issue. Anyway, it did this on its own so he's decided to buy a new monitor. I'm going to buy the FP737s off him and try to repair it. Now I've read around here that some components on the inverter die or short or whatever and in the end causes this issue?
    Now since I'm new to the world of electronics and don't understand the jargon in the other posts, can someone put this in laymans terms and tell me what parts are the ones that need to replace. Since I don't have it here, I don't know what's shorted/dead and what's not.... but what are the components that generally die in this LCD to cause the issue? (oh, and I'll need that in laymans terms).

Thanks.
    Last edited by stevo1210; 12-24-2008, 12:35 AM.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: BenQ FP737s (Q7T3) issue

.... Anyone?
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Any I've done so far only needed caps.
      I know there are some models with problems with particular transistors but I haven't personally run into that yet.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

bad solder joints on ccfl transformers,bad 2sc5707's,shorted fu9624's,bad caps.
        open it up and post pics.

Comment

same here as pcbonez.any i have repaired required replacement of bad caps only.the last one would come on and go black after 15 secs or so.it turned out to b 4 bad caps. transistors were ok.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
            shorted fu9624
            Where can I get these from? I've tried quite a few electronics stores here and they didn't have this part, but they have everything else though. The 2SC5707 I could find quite easily at my local electronics store for $3.27 each.
            Since I haven't received the monitor yet, I will have to wait and see what's going on with the internals of the LCD.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210
              Where can I get these from? I've tried quite a few electronics stores here and they didn't have this part, but they have everything else though. The 2SC5707 I could find quite easily at my local electronics store for $3.27 each.
              That is expensive for the C5707s - I got some from WES in Ashfield for $1.35 each. I don't know if they have the FETs - I did not have to replace them.

There is another thread here about FP737s were I'm pretty sure there was some talk about where to get the FETs, C5707s and picofuses that also usually blow.

Comment

3.27 each? That's not bad to do. Don't forget the cost of handling & shipping, and not all live in same country would have to contend with the border fee to pay.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
                X