e153fpb brightness goes down in 2 secs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e153fpb brightness goes down in 2 secs

I have a 15" Dell lcd monitor e153fpb that I am troubleshooting. Turn on the monitor, display looks fine for 2 seconds only and the brightness goes down to almost none. But display is there it is very faint. Turn it off and on, again it looks bright for 2 secs only. Same thing happens when I connect to my laptop and keep toggling from laptop to monitor. Every time the display stays bright for 2 seconds only. Did anyone saw this problem?

I opened the monitor and apparently all components and solder joints look fine. Does anybody have the schematic? Any suggestions to identify the faulty component is appreciated. Thanks

Re: e153fpb brightness goes down in 2 secs

I dunno where to get a schematic.

Problem sounds like dieing back-light tubes or back-light inverter.

There are several with Dell-LCD experience here.
    Just be patient until one of them finds this.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

check SMD fuse "F1" near the XA connector may be open circuit or high resistance

Comment

PCBONEZ and FIXITNOW - thank you for your response. The only fuse F601, I could find, is good. It was marked as T2AH/250V, near the power connector CN601. Are you sure there is an F1 fuse and an XA connector? Any other suggestions please?

Comment

Go to link
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=dell+e153fpb

you will find fuse=No PF751 page 9 of link

Comment

Fuse PF751 was tested and found to be good. Thank you Bobdee, the link with schematic helps (how did I miss that - my bad - sorry). I have what I need, to investigate. I will post what I find.

Comment

Welcome Learnstuff
              Glad to be of assistance

QUOTE (I opened the monitor and apparently all components and solder joints look fine)

Those Benqs boards are renowned for there bad solder joints,get a good magnifying glass and look for those hair line cracks on solder joints, you wll probably find loads, pay particular attention to inverter transformers there solder joints are suspect and seem to be the cause of the failure of the c5707 or 6s transistors.
              also double check all solder on all of the transistors on that board, have a quick look at all solder joints

Comment

Working...
              X