Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Flatron L1970HR won't power on

Hello,

I have a LG Flatron L1970HR-BF 19" LCD monitor which won't turn on. Nothing happens when i push the power button. This LCD does not have an internal power supply, which means that it has an external power "brick". The old one died due to a lightning storm. I got a new power supply with exchangeable connectors for it and it worked fine for a few weeks. Then I went over to a LAN party. The problems started there. It would not power up at all. It seems that the pins of the exchangeable connector got damaged somehow. Now I have a new power supply brick but it still does not power up. Could the power jack in the back of the display unit be shorted? Because I can't figure out any other reason for this.

Any help is appreciated!

Re: LG Flatron L1970HR won't power on

It's blown. I decided to open it up... *Sigh*
    Attached Files

Comment

Leopard: What is it that was "blown". I also have same display which doesn't power on.

Comment

Originally, the power brick had died. I bought a new one but a few weeks later the display died, I think something at the power input shorted (a SMD resistor / capacitor) and if you look at the attached pic you can see burn marks on the PCB. The replacement brick was fine though and used with required voltage.

Comment

Working...
        X