Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell FP1905 ultrasharp

It's the uk version anyway.

After getting some irritating problems with the monitor. About a year and a bit ago the built in usb hub stoped working. just a week out of warenty it's started taking an age to come out of stand by when cold and the power light going out while this happening. It got progressively worse untill I'd literally have the dell logo appear and a blank display untill it warmed up, When unpluged and pluged in again it would come back to life but it was taking nearly an hour to happen.

I managed to get into it and low and behold there where 2 bulging capacitors. They are Samxon 1000uf 10v 105°C GF series capacitors. I managed to butcher 2 lelon 1000uf 35v rxk 105°C from an old dead satellite receiver's PSU to get me up and running again and temporary replacement. Everything is working perfectly again and instantly.

I realise this thing runs pretty hot and Lelon have a bad rep. I understand Samxon have a good reputation and I think they have run in this monitor for at least 20,000 of use so have probably served there specified life. What's the ideal replacements for these caps and possibly the others which where all Samxon GF series? I'm thinking replace the lot too save having to open it up again if others fail.
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 01-18-2009, 04:45 PM.

Re: Dell FP1905 ultrasharp

Look up Panasonic FC series on Digikey.
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

The Samxon GF series is a known screwup on their part they ALWAYS fail in monitors.

Other than that series they are a good brand like how Nichicon messed up with the HM and HN series for awhile.

I had a customer with a Gateway LCD monitor and the GFs lasted a little over a year and a half before hatching.

Replace all the secondary Samxon GFs and Lelons and you'll be back in business.

As another member said Pana FCs are the best for LCDs and PSUs they are non-aqueous electrolyte caps.

Which is good due to the arid high heat conditions in LCDs and PSUs.
        Last edited by Krankshaft; 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM.
        Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Working...
        X