Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E151FP Recap..

Hi all,

I have a Dell E151FP that was slowly dying. This monitor came with my Dell Dimension 8200 bought around year 2000.. I would turn it on and it would not get a signal.. It would just sit flashing orange (like its sitting in standby).. Flicking the switch a lot or doing things to get a signal through via keyboard shortcuts etc were fruitless (sometimes it worked in the past id restart comp or logout).. When I decided to dissemble the monitor, I hooked it up one last time to a different computer power outlet.. This time it wouldn't even blink..

I got it dissembled and checked through a list commonly found via searching google..
    -------------------------------------
    1) F601= 2A Fuse
    2) C605= 68uf 400v (must change)
    3) R615= 0.68ohm 1watt
    4) Q601= SSS6N60A
    5) R613= 1Kohm 1/8watt (value changed to 2.3Kohm or higher)
    6) R623= 4.7ohm 1/8watt (value changed to 7.2ohm or higher)
    7) D604= 1N4148
    8) IC601=UC3842B
    9) C707 & C703= 1000uF 16V (must change, because of bad ESR value) secondary filter capacitor.
    -------------------------------------

Visually, C707\C703 (one of them) were bulging...I replaced C707 & C703 with Sanyo WG 8x16 1000uF 16v caps.. A good fit (size wise) and all seems well with the monitor.. Ive ran it for a good amount of time with a few thermal cycles etc.. Hopefully it will last.. It turns on with no problems now.. Seems just like new.. I didn't have a camera with me unfortunately to take any pictures..

Are the Sanyo WG caps good for this type of application? The old caps are Jamicon, smaller size then the Sanyo's but same ratings..

Thanks..

Re: Dell E151FP Recap..

It's better if use Jamicon, however Sanyo WG caps are also good standard product.

Comment

i would use the sanyo's.
      i see far too many jamicons bad in psu's

Comment

Jamicons should be avoided they are just another Taiwanese electrolyte that I've seen fail.

I personally stick strictly with Japanese designed electrolytes.

While even Panasonics (and I'm sure others) can be manufactured in places like China they are manufactured under the control of Panasonic and they don't have free reign to use cheap aluminum and electrolytes.

As long as the Sanyos are legit and not counterfeit they will work fine.
        Last edited by Krankshaft; 05-10-2008, 05:52 AM.
        Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Working...
        X