When do LCD's usually go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do LCD's usually go?

I've got a 19 wide LG LCD. New(ish), December 2007 build. Chi-Mei panel, Lien-Chang PSU/Inverter combo. It has around 1300 hours on it. It had at least 450 hours, but then I accidentally cleared the timer. It has 797 hours on it right now, plus however many it had before I cleared it.

I have reason to believe it has Samxon GF caps in it. Not 100% sure because I haven't opened it up to check yet. Do you guys think it'll go any time soon? 1200 hours isn't much, methinks. I saw a store model, before this monitor was discontinued, with 4,700 hours on it. Would a preemptive recap with Panny FM's be necessary so soon? Would a monitor with crapcaps make it to nearly 5k hours? I'm kinda hoping that even though it probably has GF's in it, I won't need to open it up for a recap.

Re: When do LCD's usually go?

Also, a shot of the inverter/PSU. From the FCC page, that's how I know what's in it even though I haven't opened mine yet.

While we're at it, is the PSU/inverter any good quality-wise?
    Attached Files

Comment

that looks like one i just fixed.they were samxon gl.
      replace them now as gl/gf are junk.

Comment

Disregard the one I saw with 5k hours and recap it is then.

Can anyone on this board sell me Panny's? Or will I have to get those from Digikey?

Comment

People on the board might have a few of this or that size but probably not every size.
          Without knowing the sizes you need no one can answer the question.
          Panny FM are a good choice though.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Well I meant if anyone on here supplied Panasonic caps, like how Big Pope supplies Samxons.

I'll crack it open next time I get a chance (mother would freak if she saw me opening a less than 1-year-old LCD).

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy
              Well I meant if anyone on here supplied Panasonic caps, like how Big Pope supplies Samxons.

I'll crack it open next time I get a chance (mother would freak if she saw me opening a less than 1-year-old LCD).
              Personally, I'd leave it alone until the warranty expires.

Comment

Working...
              X