Which Firefox Extensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Firefox Extensions?

The only one I use currently is video download helper.

What are your choices and why? Do use adblockers ot tracking blockers and does this have any significant overhead or disadvantages?

Thanks for your comments!

Re: Which Firefox Extensions?

ublock origin
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Cookie autodelete. Ghostery, Google Translate, Disable Javascript, Adblockplus and disable HTML5 autoplay.

Using adblockers will speed up your browsing and reduce the risk of a tainted advert compromising your machine. Occasionally I am asked to disable my adblocking to view a webpage but that's one of the reasons I have the disable JS extension.

Comment

Noscript.

It will give you control over what domains are allowed to execute JavaScript. Some pages will lose functionality, maybe most of them, but you will be aware of the huge number of external sites some pages are linked with. Then you decide which of them you grant access to run JavaScript, either permanently or temporarily, or even you mark them as forbidden. It will require some time until you fine-tune this tool, but on the long run it will give you a better user experience when accessing sites with too intrusive ads.

Comment

NoScript and uBlock origin for me, and also run firefox with Sandboxie on some sites.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
          X