Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with two defective 5770's (need to identify capacitors value)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with two defective 5770's (need to identify capacitors value)

So, i have my hands on 2 defective radeon 5770 wich used to work in crossfire.About a year ago both suddenly died at the same time ,and did not bother to repair them (both had 3 caps blown, and one 5770 was short-circuited on 12V 6pin power conector (suspected a bad mosfet , wich it was)
    Now because i'm on vacation (colege summer break) ,and cuz it's so damn hot outside (40C celcius -europe) ,i don't have anything better to do and i'm trying to repair one of them (the one short-circuited). Replaced the bad mosfet IPD075N03L G Infineon with a used one from a 9800gt a NIKO-SEM P0903BDG. (both had similiar specs ,used one has a lower Id at T100c ~~35A and a higher Rds 9.5m compared with original wich has Id 43A and 7.5m Rds(on) ). Changed those 3 blown caps also(on both cards) with new crapy Yageo(that's what i had ,and now i regret it cuz i don't know the original values of 2 of those capacitors ).The good news is , the card(second one with bad mosfet short-circuited) works, partially at least .It artficats in 2d and 3d but it's rock stable in gpu stress tests like furmark with no artifacts at all , witch make me think it's a memory issue(also the artifacts seems as texture corruption) ,maybe with those caps replaced ,or maybe with the mosfet not being on same specs(but i doubt that mosfet provides power for the memory). I will attach some pics with the cards , to better understand the situation.When i replaced the caps i took into consideration the original values , but the ones replaced have higher voltage tolerance ,lower quality , and probably much highr ESR. (i suspect the caps as the culprit, it's so hard here in Romania to find a good quality capacitors,most of them are fake)
    I need to know the original values of the 2 small capacitors replaced and maybe some suggestions.Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: Help with two defective 5770's (need to identify capacitors value)

Here is datasheet for both mosfets :
    Attached Files

Comment

Time for an update:
      So , now i've changed the mosfet with a brand new original mosfet and changed 2 of the 3 caps with polymer capacitor identical with the originals.Just one capactior i couldn't find to match the original so this one is electrolytic.
      And after all this pain in the *** ,the card still artifacts (exactly like before)
      take a look:
      Attached Files

Comment

So what do you guys think? gpu or memory related?

Comment

from what i see in the images i think it a gpu related problem you should try to reflow the gpu

Comment

Working...
          X