CPU CAP replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU CAP replacement

Was wondering the best approach for this cap replacement, the CPU is a heat sink itself isn't it?
    Also I need advice on finding a CAP to match the others, how to I measure(with a multi meter)of course but what settings?

I got a micro scope and have done a few micro solder things, but assume I know nothing cause pretty much I do!!

X99 5930K
    X99-gaming 9
    EVGA 1080 Vanilla
    Gskill 16GBRip JAWS@2400
    SSD'S
    Corsair AX1200

Re: CPU CAP replacement

Looks like this Cap is the same rating with the caps around him , so if you can test those 10 surrounding and find the same ratings , then logically he is the same .
    Palladium caps are almost everywhere , you can find a similar , even in an old cdrom or a defected board .

Comment

Re: CPU CAP replacement

Hot air station. If you don't have one, a hot plate set to 100C should bring the temperature up enough for you to be able to solder it with your iron. But if it works like that you should just leave it alone. Unless you're planning on overclocking it where it could make a difference.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
      X