Samsung UA40D5500 top 1/3 dark and ghostly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UA40D5500 top 1/3 dark and ghostly

Well that guy performing the operation is a pro if that helps any.

Comment

Im about to give up in this. It seems im not the first person to try and pull this apart and the previous person has burred a lot of the tine screws holding the metal surround on.

I have no idea how to get them out, or replace them if I do get them out.

Comment

sorry but I have put this away for now and will attack it another day when I can work out how to get all these damn tine burred screws out.

I have a few other tv's to check out as well.

Thank you for all your help and advice everyone. It will come in handy when I get back to this unit.

Comment

https://www.walmart.com/ip/6pc-Preci...Bits/551717239

Comment

I have the jewelers screwdrivers already, but someone before me has tried to undo them and has butchered the screws.

no screwdriver will work on them.

Comment

There are several ways to remove rounded out screws. Use screw extractors, cut a slot in the top of the head and use a flat bladed screwdriver, grab with decent pliers, grind the top off flat or use a punch and hammer to knock it round although this probably won't work as they are small.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                cut a slot in the top of the head and use a flat bladed screwdriver, grab with decent pliers, grind the top off flat or use a punch and hammer to knock it round
                I dont dare to try this as I would definately affect the panel. I will work out something for it, its just not a high priority.

I need to get another tv out (I have several in the shed that need work) so I can have a win on one.

Im still very much a learner at this tv repair so I put an ad in the local online classifieds for dead LCD tv's and got inundated with them.

At last count I think I had 15 sitting in the shed waiting for me lol

Comment

I grabbed out an LG 50LB5610 yesterday, stripped it all down because the leds werent working, found it needed 5 leds, put it back together as I would have to wait to get the leds and cracked the bloody screen in top right hand corner because it didnt seat properly and I pushed it too hard to straighten it.

It always amazes me how easily they crack.

So that one is parted out.

I am finding a lot that the tv's I am getting have already been opened and given up on by others. Either because they couldnt work out how to fix it or they rounded the screws etc. Such fun finding a damaged tv from someone else. I guess this happens a lot in this game eh?

Next!
                  Last edited by RooTV; 05-31-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Pull out the brand names first, it's usually easier to find information and firmware etc. for them vs offbrands.

Comment

I wish I read this before I pulled out one thats called Okano lol

Comment

Comment

pull out the off brands to practice on them before tackling name brands... :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X