Attached Files

Comment

Re: hp pavilion g6

Originally posted by sparker1 View Post
        Is it this one?
        У него плата от Inventec а не Quanta

Comment

sparker1 board & schematic no maching anyway Thanks .
          processer i3 370m
          chipset sl6zs
          kbc it8572e
          Last edited by aanan; 02-17-2015, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Here's some more but I haven't looked at them. One of them is an inventec board.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sparker1; 02-17-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Here's some more but I haven't looked at them. One of them is an inventec board.
              So a sense upload all of them?
              Now I will upload the scheme and boardview

Comment

Inventec RKY15CP (6050A2450801-MB-A02) Docs

Schematic

Boardview

Attached Files

Comment

Brought me the same in repair, after the water, has found documents and remembered that here, too, was asked, I decided to download.
                  Good luck in the repair

Comment

Originally posted by Compute View Post
                    So a sense upload all of them?
                    Now I will upload the scheme and boardview
                    Somebody else may want one of the others. Boardview is good. Thanks.

Comment

Somebody else may want one of the others.
                      I got it.

Well if you need any schematics and boardview , create threads as possible if any, I will upload .

Comment

Many many thanks Compute for sch & boardview fiel currently i need bios fiel.
                        Best wishes from india to Russia.
                        Thanks sparker1

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and finding it difficult to find what I need.

I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop, the screen ribbon cable broke and I replaced it with a new one, as I turned it on I realized that the screen works but the backlight doesn't work.

After searching the net I found Badcaps.net and saw a thread mentioning the same problem, Apparently it's the fuse that's faulty on the motherboard, I then tried to locate it on the board to test but that was not very successful and while the board was on one of the other components sparked and now the board seems completely dead.

I need to Identify the components and find out if it is possible to replace and get my laptop up and running. May I ask assistance over here?

See pics below, I have marked out what I think was busted. I don't know much about technical names of the components, Please help me out.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Those are capacitors, if they are not shorted they are usually fine.
                            What's the motherboard model number?
                            Can you post high resolution pictures of both sides of the board?
                            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

I think those did short cause there was a spark there.

I'm having trouble attaching more photos, so I added it to google photos... I hope that's ok and I hope the resolution is good enough. Please see link below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/941SvoRrREX9zkDd2

battling with the internet this side, will upload more photos as soon as I can.

The serial number on the board is: (R33 DA0R33MB6F1 REF:F)

Thanks
                              Ken.

Comment

Quanta R33 motherboard, schematics and boardview attached. OpenBoardView can be used to open the boardview.

C22 and C6 look bad, not sure about C11.
                                You should remove at least C22 and C6, and check if +VIN_BLIGHT is shorted to ground. They will need to be replaced later, but for now for testing they can be left off.
                                Also L5 and L63 just above (this last one is not present on the schematics or boardview, and on your board they are resistors so you may have a different revision) may be bad. Check the resistance across them, should be 0.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much Piernov... I'm gonna play around with this over the weekend. Will let you know what I can accomplish.

Comment

Piernov....

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! Thank you so much for the help... I removed C22 and C6. Tested it and then replaced them with the same components from another board that was blown. After that, I bridged L5.

And now my PC is like a monster again. I am super grateful for your help. So thorough, quick and speedy.

This is by far the best forum I have ever joined.

Have a fantastic week.

Comment

Great to see that you found the issue. But I would recommend you to replace L5 rather than bridging it. It somewhat acts as a fuse in this circuit so replacing it will help with preventing the damage to go furhter up the line if ever something goes wrong again.
                                      You can replace it with another 0ohm resistor of the same size or a fuse (something like 3A 32V).

Comment

I will be doing that. I must say... This was the first time ever that I have soldered something so small. I think I have found a new addiction. I'm looking for more things to fix, people are so easy to throwing things out instead of just thinking a bit further and just try fixing the problem. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                        X