Alba LCD32947HD TV having strange picture problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alba LCD32947HD TV having strange picture problems

My TV recently started to have display problems where it loads up fine but will randomly at times flicker back and forth between two "modes": Normal and Altered; or will stay completely as Altered and may randomly switch back, or can be temporarily fixed by turning the TV off and on again. One other weird part is that this problem occurs when my TV is in "Game" or "Dynamic" mode under picture settings, but when on "Natural" or "Cinema" mode it just stays on Altered.

I don't know what the problem is or if it can be fixed, if it can then how much might it cost to be repaired usually in the UK? Or is it worth more just buying a new TV, because even if it can get repaired in not sure how long it will last. Keep in mind that I basically know nothing about repairing TV or any electronics.

I included some images to show exactly what's going on, sorry for the low quality on the images, especially the ones taken up close. The names given are the file names of the attachments:
    - Full Before - an image of the screen as taken off the screen which shows what the different colours look like normally
    - Full After - the same screen but with the colours now altered, as you can see, colours are now a mix of purples, greens and yellows
    - Top Before - up close image of the pixels near the top of the screen
    - Top After - up close image of the pixels near the top of the screen which shows some weird sort of colour splitting effect going on with the picture
    - Bottom Before - up close image of the pixels near the bottom of the screen
    - Bottom After - same as above but shows the same colour splitting effect as Top After, but for some reason it's much worse, with there being larger gaps, especially visible here.
    Attached Files

Re: Alba LCD32947HD TV having strange picture problems

Vestel seems to have electronics. Put a picture with the service menu (type MENU and then 4725).

Comment

Here you go. Not sure what to do next as there are several options and they have numerous settings I don't understand
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Blue132Red; 05-26-2020, 03:21 AM.

Comment

It may be worth changing the Tcon since it's not that expensive. Match all the details on your Tcon with its replacement.
        https://spares2repair.co.uk/alba-lcd...100-c-pcb-x0.1
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
          Match all the details on your Tcon with its replacement
          I would do that but there's two problems:
          1. I don't know what screwdriver(s) I need for the screws
          2. Even after seeing some videos, I'm little anxious in case I break the ribbons or something

Comment

To remove the ribbon cable follow the guide.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9PwK9eGrCY

The screws are normally crossheads Philips type.

Comment

I'll see if I can have a look at the T-con board soon to check the part numbers. How likely would it be that they match and what should I do if they don't?

Comment

When you open up the set you can post a photo of the Tcon and the number given on the led panel

Comment

I haven't done it yet but noticed unlike the other videos I watched were they had the power cable disconnected from both ends, mine has the other end going straight through the case, and not with a small opening around it, it's one of the weird write casing ends where it gets thicker and has cuts through it to allow it to bend, from what I could tell, and I don't know how to deal with that or if I want to. There is a TV I was thinking of getting just in case, and because of what's going on I don't think it's get anyone to repair it, let alone for cheap.
                  Last edited by Blue132Red; 05-26-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

When the back of the set is removed the mains lead often just unclips from the back cover and the back cover should slip out of the way along the mains cable.
                    Post a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue132Red View Post
                      Here you go. Not sure what to do next as there are several options and they have numerous settings I don't understand
                      It has a 17MB62 motherboard. Go to Diagnostics / Factory Reset and OK.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                        It has a 17MB62 motherboard. Go to Diagnostics / Factory Reset and OK.
                        And how would that help though?

Comment

You have nothing to lose. I asked you for the picture with the service menu, hoping to find a software to rewrite the memory. Hoping it can be a software issue not a hardware one. Unfortunately I have nothing for the TV setup.

Comment

Have you run the Diagnostic as shown on post #3

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                              Have you run the Diagnostic as shown on post #3
                              Under the Diagnostics menu, there are only 4 options available for me to do:
                              • Remote control test
                              • UHF test
                              • VHF test
                              • Factory reset (just did that, and apart from one flick, appears fine for now but probably because I had the TV off for a bit)
                              Last edited by Blue132Red; 05-26-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Quick update

I haven't checked the T-Con board yet, I asked my mum to help, just to carry it somewhere where I can lay it down, but she says I'd need an electrician to do all the stuff with TV. Which considering what you do with replacing a T-Con board, doesn't make sense, you'd probably need one in if you're dealing with repairing or testing the T-Con board but not just removing some screws and disconnecting since ribbons and cables.

Anyway, the problem is getting worse, recently colours now mostly appear purple with some exceptions like blue becoming cyan, and some colours on the menus appearing a few other colours too. Distortion is also greater as well, especially with text which makes most difficult or impossible to

What confuses me though is that there's a small horizontal bar at the top of the screen, which is probably 1cm or so thick and stretches along the entire screen, is completely unaffected. So the entire screen is distorted, there's a small horizontal line which is completely fine. Why is that? Could it also be the screen/panel?

Comment

Working...
                                X