Magnavox 19md357b REPAIRED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnavox 19md357b REPAIRED!!!

Yep, they are! I just replaced them and the TV is working great!! I am totally jazzed that I was able to do this myself!!

Comment

Quick follow-up: The TV still works great but the DVD player does not work. I wonder if anyone can suggest what I might have done wrong? The player is supposed to just sort of pull the dvd in when you put it into the slot but it doesn't anymore.

Comment

Might just be a mechanical problem with that part
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

I am Back after Moving and all that comes with it finally found all the boxes that had all my Parts for the Magnavox 19md357b TV sat down and replaced all the Caps still need to find Screws for the stand lol jokes on me for now.will look for them in the next few days. Since I have to do some Glass Tile back splash for someones Kitchen the end will have to wait.I am really excited to see end results.

Comment

Originally posted by soulripper View Post
            I am Back after Moving and all that comes with it finally found all the boxes that had all my Parts for the Magnavox 19md357b TV sat down and replaced all the Caps still need to find Screws for the stand lol jokes on me for now.will look for them in the next few days. Since I have to do some Glass Tile back splash for someones Kitchen the end will have to wait.I am really excited to see end results.
            Just as a side note: Here is some quick pics of my backsplash project in a small kitchen.
            Attached Files
            The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Oh Wow Great Job Dgtech ty for sharing the Pic.

Comment

I need some Help please.
                this is the small Board on the DVD connection Base for the TV.
                Sorry I can't take Pictures no Camera and no money for now for it.

Cables I have to be connected I will specified colors on the two 4 Pin connectors.

One has this Colors. from ( Left )-- Red,Yellow,White,Black (Right)--

Other is (Left)-- Black,Black,Red,Red--(Right)
                Hope this Helps on my need.
                BTW I did made a drawing on the Lay-out of Cables but that drawing was lost when I moved the whole notebook.

Comment

Number on the Board I am talking about on Above Post is ((((715T2437 board ))))

Comment

Sorry I could not get back to you sooner.

There are a couple ways to find out which one goes where. One way would be simply to look at the board. Sometimes there will be a notation of polarity as well as color code. There may just be a pinout of what each pin represents.

Example:

Lets say one that is (Black-Black-Red-Red)

On the top side of the board or the bottom may say (GND GND 12V 12V)
                    or some variation of that.
                    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Oh wow thanks very much will get to work on that.

Comment

all the board specifies is 1---4 Pins and such things like that but no specifics about plus or minus for Voltages the schematics history u usually see on the Electronic Boards.

Comment

Originally posted by margo t View Post
                          Thanks for the support!

Also, I found that there is a removable panel that makes this more accessible - that will make it MUCH easier. Posting a pic for other dummies like me!

Gently but firmly just pull it off.

Thanks for this Photo Margo I was able to finally know where some of the four pin cables orders need it to b at.
                          Now I turned it on and Power button lights up but just a plain Black Screen. Should I hook it up to a cable Box to see if it works.?
                          Or maybe is a just a big fail on my behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by soulripper View Post
                            Thanks for this Photo Margo I was able to finally know where some of the four pin cables orders need it to b at.
                            Now I turned it on and Power button lights up but just a plain Black Screen. Should I hook it up to a cable Box to see if it works.?
                            Or maybe is a just a big fail on my behalf.
                            try plugging a cable into it and also check the other connection points to make sure they work as well. I had this same problem but my a/v jacks and HDMI port worked fine...svideo worked too but none of the other ports save for the 3.5mm audio jack worked. I can live with that personally as I'm only using it as a pc monitor via svideo and for my xbox/ps3 hd setup.

Comment

no more than I post my previous reply, the Damn thing dies on me...this time I tried to turn it back on and the menu worked for half a second and then the thing became unresponsive...yay...back to square one for me.

Comment

Ok i am compleatly new to this and i need to replace the caps on my board. When i go to order the Caps i am at a loss for what ones to order. I was hoping i could get some help....It does seem like i need all of the ones from the first post. Any help would be appreciated
                                Attached Files

Comment

You could either take the list from the original post to an electronics part store or use that list to buy from badcaps.net or digikey. It's pretty straight forward.

Comment

You should really list the caps you have on your board to make sure you have the same values. You should buy panasonic FM or FCs to replace.
                                    NOTE - if you use the list there is an amendment to the first item.
                                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Well..I know it's been a while but I FINALLY got around to replacing some of the caps. Replaced 3 of the 1000uF 10v caps and the tv works fine...mostly. I've decided to completely refurb the tv to sell on ebay. As of right now the volume + button doesn't work but all of the other top buttons work. The dvd also plays fine but none of the buttons work for it. I had to dismantle the drive to retrieve the dvd. Will not eject or anything. I don't have an esr meter to test the caps but could one or more of the caps be the culprit?

Comment

Well...I decided to just replace all the capxon caps. Gotta wait for my 330's to arrive...I was out of stock on them. There's one other problem I forgot to mention. When trying to turn off the tv, it goes off for about 2 or 3 seconds and then turns itself back on. Any way to remedy this (without using my sledge hammer, lol)?

Comment

This sounds like a very bad experience selling this one on ebay. First, you're not going to get much for a refurb let alone that it's only 19 inch. Then add on that it has issues like the volume control and DVD. You'll be selling it for $20 and it will cost about $10 to ship it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X