Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Polymer" capacitor ID question

Hey everybody, long time no post!

My current project is to build myself a new storage server, since my old one is nearly full. The case I ordered comes with 3 SATA backplanes, each of which can connect to 4 disks. Each backplane has a total of 10 capacitors on it (one for each drive +12v, one for each drive +5v, and one for each voltage at the power connectors). The caps are all sleeveless, ventless cans with blue writing that says:

I figure they're all 330uF @ 16v, and the lack of a vent leads me to think that they're polymer, or at least pretending to be. The lack of identifying marks makes me a bit suspicious. The size is 10mm dia x 11.5mm h, with a 5mm lead spacing.

The case is a NORCO RPC-2212 2U rackmount. I got a 400W Seasonic 80 Plus Gold PSU for it, so I'm not too concerned about the power quality, but I'm curious about these caps.

Here's the backplanes:

And here's a close up of a few of the caps:

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: "Polymer" capacitor ID question

According to this page, they're made by Sungho Electronics.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Re: "Polymer" capacitor ID question

You appear to be correct. Thank you very much! I should bookmark that website...

And I guess they're real polymers, too.

Comment

Working...
      X