Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10.000uF/50V Jamicon Real/Fake/or just bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.000uF/50V Jamicon Real/Fake/or just bad?

I'm new to the world of counterfeit components, but when I got a pack of 10.000uF-50V that was rolling weird on the table
    like the weight was unbalanced I had to open one of those to see what was inside.

At first glance I find it strange that there is so much empty space, I can't recall ever having seen a cap's inside like this, but it's 30 years since so...

I found out that my multimeter can measure capacitors, its a Tenma 72-7730
    Capacitance Measuring Range: 20nF, 200nF, 2uF, 20uF, 200uF, 2mF, 20mF
    Capacitance Range Accuracy : 1.2% + 20d
    According to that they are 8.500uF and for reference I measured some other caps I had.

17.000uF 100V -- mesureing ~15.000uF | brand: Capacitor Technology - Made in USA -from an old Crest power amp
    4.700uF 25V -- mesureing 5.000uF | brand:Antel
    3.300uF 25V -- mesureing 3.200uF | brand:Antel

Bought at kessler-electronic.de but found though ebay.

Are they real or fake and would you put them in a power amp ?

Re: 10.000uF/50V Jamicon Real/Fake/or just bad?

Maybe real, jamicon is a really bad brand... What is that amp that you are talking about?

Comment

Seen that a lot with motor caps. One standard sized can for production, no spacers used. Shit rattles around in the can. I really wouldn't worry about it. If you were working in a high reliability environment I would have an issue with them, but when I was doing design work everything got a conformal coating or a was potted to reduce component vibration, those caps wouldn't have lasted.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I was talking to a college yesterday and he was saying something along those lines.
        That the cans was properly a standard size made to fit maybe both the 50V and 63V versions in the same can.

They where bought for a +/-40V DC power supply for a DIY effect amplifier.

Comment

8500 vs 10000 is way out of spec.
          looks like counterfeit junk to me.
          i only buy reputable brands and then from digikey.
          had a planet audio or somesuch car amp come in shutting down when bumped.
          found noname junk caps that had loose guts.you could feel the roll flopping around in the can.
          just what you want in an amp that might get bolted onto a speaker box/vibration table.
          they were all shot.replacement fixed the amp.
          Last edited by kc8adu; 01-22-2017, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
            looks like counterfeit junk to me.
            i only buy reputable brands and then from digikey.
            had a planet audio or somesuch car amp come in shutting down when bumped.
            found noname junk caps that had loose guts.you could feel the roll flopping around in the can.
            just what you want in an amp that might get bolted onto a speaker box/vibration table.
            they were all shot.replacement fixed the amp.
            How can you say 8500 is out of spec? It's not if it's a +- 20% cap which is what a lot of caps are.

Exras - What series of cap is it? Jamicon makes a few dozen different flavors of caps...

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
              Sadly it's not.
              It's well within the 20% range of normal capacitor specs...

Would be nice if a 10mF Cap would be 10mF, but you can expect that they are somewhere between a bit over 8mF and 10mF...

Comment

i am used to -10 +20%

Comment

Originally posted by Drack View Post
                  Maybe real, jamicon is a really bad brand... What is that amp that you are talking about?
                  No, Jamicon is a good brand, never had a problem with them.
                  I'm an HVAC technicial, believe me when I see caps that are right next to the fire chambers running at 200 degrees (Fahrenheit) and not fail.

Jamicon (common on control boards near the flame chamber) Wincap, (common on low water cutoff valves, used in high temperature with massive fluctuation in temperature), and Nichicon, Rubycon, and for some fucking reason on chimney dampners (located on the pipe of the chimney) I found that Chong capacitors are used, I have no idea why but I've never seen one fail.

As for Jamicon and Wincap, I've seen these on boards that are over 10 years old and functioning just fine, the furnace metal rotted away before the caps went bad. This is in a much worse situation then a motherboard or amplifier as we usually see them. I've cut them open and never seen one totally dry.

I see these in Mackie and Behringer amplifiers all the time too, the SK series. I never had a problem with them.

I honestly think that this site jumps to a conclusion wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too quickly. I have my theories behind this too.
                  Popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Exras View Post
                    Thanks for the reply.

I was talking to a college yesterday and he was saying something along those lines.
                    That the cans was properly a standard size made to fit maybe both the 50V and 63V versions in the same can.

They where bought for a +/-40V DC power supply for a DIY effect amplifier.
                    a 40v line really should have a cap with a minimum rating of 60v
                    (x1.5 rule)

Comment

Originally posted by jazzie366 View Post
                      No, Jamicon is a good brand, never had a problem with them.
                      I'm an HVAC technicial, believe me when I see caps that are right next to the fire chambers running at 200 degrees (Fahrenheit) and not fail.
                      This probably means that Jamicon (Kaimei) is okay as far as high voltage caps (200V+) go. But their low voltage caps (25V and lower) often die in mildly hot locations like Bestec and FSP PSUs. Their low impedance capacitors are even more failure prone than their general purpose caps. They're better than CapXon, but that's not saying much.

As for Jamicon and Wincap, I've seen these on boards that are over 10 years old and functioning just fine, the furnace metal rotted away before the caps went bad. This is in a much worse situation then a motherboard or amplifier as we usually see them. I've cut them open and never seen one totally dry.
                      Interesting. Wincap isn't a remarkably reliable brand either per the experience of certain members here. Again, their high voltage caps might be okay, but generally due to poor QC practices, the Chinese and Taiwanese brands have been rather inconsistent in quality (sometimes they last, sometimes they don't...).

I honestly think that this site jumps to a conclusion wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too quickly. I have my theories behind this too.
                      Regarding the condition of that Jamicon capacitor? Or the consensus on Chinese and Taiwanese brands? Or both? What do I recall is that you're the member who had a rather "bad" experience with 820uF 200V Teapo LXKs in the voltage doubler of a FSP PSU (Antec Basiq 450/VP450?). They died for no reason. So perhaps you'll agree that not all Chinese and Taiwanese brands are a walk in the park. Of course I won't be remiss to say that all wet electrolytics do eventually fail, it's just a matter of how quickly they fail.

Comment

i have similar counterfeit caps but under the rubycon name
                        all of them claim to be 10,000uf 16v but all of them test below 8000uf but i did know what i was getting because the price was 10 for 4$
                        I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Wester547 View Post
                          This probably means that Jamicon (Kaimei) is okay as far as high voltage caps (200V+) go. But their low voltage caps (25V and lower) often die in mildly hot locations like Bestec and FSP PSUs. Their low impedance capacitors are even more failure prone than their general purpose caps. They're better than CapXon, but that's not saying much.

Interesting. Wincap isn't a remarkably reliable brand either per the experience of certain members here. Again, their high voltage caps might be okay, but generally due to poor QC practices, the Chinese and Taiwanese brands have been rather inconsistent in quality (sometimes they last, sometimes they don't...).

Regarding the condition of that Jamicon capacitor? Or the consensus on Chinese and Taiwanese brands? Or both? What do I recall is that you're the member who had a rather "bad" experience with 820uF 200V Teapo LXKs in the voltage doubler of a FSP PSU (Antec Basiq 450/VP450?). They died for no reason. So perhaps you'll agree that not all Chinese and Taiwanese brands are a walk in the park. Of course I won't be remiss to say that all wet electrolytics do eventually fail, it's just a matter of how quickly they fail.
                          1. The caps that I was were referencing were 25V or lower, usually 25 and 16V, as these were board capacitors running things like relays.

2. Same thing above goes for Wincap, I see these in the axial versions a lot as well.

3. I was saying that I see a lot of brands that are Chinese/Taiwanese get shit on meanwhile you're all forgetting something: these cheaper brands are going to be used by manufacturers that do not give even an 1/8th a shit about where they're putting the capacitor into. I've seen these brands used in conditions that are inside of their specifications and never see them fail. Then there's manufacturers of TVs and monitors that used other manufacturers than themselves to make said displays. Such is with my Acer monitor. It had failed CapXon capacitors. The thing is, they were using their ultra slim series capacitors on a PSU board that was rated to put out 2.5A on the rail that had the failed caps. This tiny little 10v 1000uF capacitor couldn't handle that current going through it alone, and of course it failed. However, on a Behringer powered mixer that had only CapXon capacitors in it that was around 10 years old (probably more) had no failed caps, all tested within spec.

All I'm saying is don't be too quick to judge, when you have good brands using other companies to make their shit and then a reputable brand becomes shit out of the blue, that doesn't mean everything they do from there on out is shit.

Just like with the LG monitors, we saw bad Samxon and Su'Scon capacitors in there. I've found Su'Scon in alarm systems from when I was a child (nearly 20 years old) and no problems with the system or failed caps. Then as for Samxon we know they're a good brand, yet nobody labeled them as shit right off the bat.

All I'm saying is you guys seem to judge cheaper caps meanwhile there's usually a reason they fail other than just being bad. Unlike G-Luxon, which is actual garbage.
                          Popcorn.

Comment

1. The caps that I was were referencing were 25V or lower, usually 25 and 16V, as these were board capacitors running things like relays.
                            Well, I was thinking input (primary, mains voltage) capacitors. What I meant was that they do poorly filtering SMPS PC PSU outputs (which are +12V, +5V, +3.3V, +5VSB, -12V, -5V... the thickness of the anodic dielectric in a cap is proportionate to the voltage applied to the plates).

3. I was saying that I see a lot of brands that are Chinese/Taiwanese get shit on meanwhile you're all forgetting something: these cheaper brands are going to be used by manufacturers that do not give even an 1/8th a shit about where they're putting the capacitor into. I've seen these brands used in conditions that are inside of their specifications and never see them fail.
                            You are right. It's insane and disconcerting, the conditions many of these "cheap" brands are being subject to. Putting hydrous capacitors in ultra-slim chassis's with freestanding linear regulators and finless heatsinks, in a discontinuous self-oscillating flyback circuit, where the whole PSU runs so hot as to discolor the PCB, won't end well.

Then there's manufacturers of TVs and monitors that used other manufacturers than themselves to make said displays. Such is with my Acer monitor. It had failed CapXon capacitors. The thing is, they were using their ultra slim series capacitors on a PSU board that was rated to put out 2.5A on the rail that had the failed caps. This tiny little 10v 1000uF capacitor couldn't handle that current going through it alone, and of course it failed. However, on a Behringer powered mixer that had only CapXon capacitors in it that was around 10 years old (probably more) had no failed caps, all tested within spec.
                            CapXon seems to have gone down in quality over time.

All I'm saying is don't be too quick to judge, when you have good brands using other companies to make their shit and then a reputable brand becomes shit out of the blue, that doesn't mean everything they do from there on out is shit.
                            Like who? I know that Rubycon contracts to another vendor for the caps they distribute in China, not sure who though as that info stems from Jonnyguru. Nichicon has a Taiwanese subsidiary known as Taicon (which they only own 37% of) and a Korean subsidiary known as Samwha (which Nichicon owns 24% of, IIRC), but I'm not aware of that company farming out production to any other company but one of their own subsidiaries wholly owned by the company itself (so they can control all facets of production). Chemi-con has a Korean subsidiary called Samyoung (which they own 33.4% of), but there are notable distinctions that those caps have, such as the dot in the crown on the sleeve and if not that the regular Samyoung logo.

I have read that Panasonic (Matsushita) have done business with Samxon (Man Yue) and OST before. There have been rare occasions that Samxon have been spotted using a T-shaped vent, just like Panasonic. I would hope Panasonic was not outsourcing production to Samxon for some of their caps...

Just like with the LG monitors, we saw bad Samxon and Su'Scon capacitors in there. I've found Su'Scon in alarm systems from when I was a child (nearly 20 years old) and no problems with the system or failed caps. Then as for Samxon we know they're a good brand, yet nobody labeled them as shit right off the bat.
                            Samxon has a couple bad series, GF and GK. Otherwise they are okay. Sometimes hit or miss, but usually okay. What I have noticed that the caps that do poorly in LCDs usually do much better in CRTs (which have much better ventilation, run much cooler, and are obviously much bigger), but they aren't failsafe there, so to speak.

All I'm saying is you guys seem to judge cheaper caps meanwhile there's usually a reason they fail other than just being bad. Unlike G-Luxon, which is actual garbage.
                            Yes, G-Luxon was junk in the day, at least their low ESR electrolytics, but I've seen their GP caps fail relatively quickly too. Teapo acquired G-Luxon back in 2005. The general consensus here is that the worst brands are Fuhjyyu, Lelon, YEC, Rulycon, Sacon/GSC/Evercon, Stone, and CapXon (their low ESR caps).

Comment

3. I was saying that I see a lot of brands that are Chinese/Taiwanese get shit on meanwhile you're all forgetting something: these cheaper brands are going to be used by manufacturers that do not give even an 1/8th a shit about where they're putting the capacitor into. I've seen these brands used in conditions that are inside of their specifications and never see them fail. Then there's manufacturers of TVs and monitors that used other manufacturers than themselves to make said displays. Such is with my Acer monitor. It had failed CapXon capacitors. The thing is, they were using their ultra slim series capacitors on a PSU board that was rated to put out 2.5A on the rail that had the failed caps. This tiny little 10v 1000uF capacitor couldn't handle that current going through it alone, and of course it failed. However, on a Behringer powered mixer that had only CapXon capacitors in it that was around 10 years old (probably more) had no failed caps, all tested within spec.
                              The manufacturers give a shit, about selling. If the end consumer isn't willing to pay for high quality they aren't gonna sell anything. They look the same, they work the same(at least when new) so why should I bother spending 20%+ or more? Look at disk drives do I buy a desktop drive or do I buy an enterprise class drive? Desktop because it's cheaper! When someone walks into the local box store to buy a UPS it's based on money. Why would I spend 500 bucks for a true on-line sine wave UPS when I can spend 125 bucks on a switched pseudo-square wave UPS. We've turned into a disposable economy, it's cheaper and easier to just replace shit when it breaks and I'm gonna buy the cheapest shit I can because I need a lot shit to keep up with my neighbors.

Just my morning rant while I have coffee......

Comment

Well, I was thinking input (primary, mains voltage) capacitors. What I meant was that they do poorly filtering SMPS PC PSU outputs (which are +12V, +5V, +3.3V, +5VSB, -12V, -5V... the thickness of the anodic dielectric in a cap is proportionate to the voltage applied to the plates).

You are right. It's insane and disconcerting, the conditions many of these "cheap" brands are being subject to. Putting hydrous capacitors in ultra-slim chassis's with freestanding linear regulators and finless heatsinks, in a discontinuous self-oscillating flyback circuit, where the whole PSU runs so hot as to discolor the PCB, won't end well.

CapXon seems to have gone down in quality over time.

Like who? I know that Rubycon contracts to another vendor for the caps they distribute in China, not sure who though as that info stems from Jonnyguru. Nichicon has a Taiwanese subsidiary known as Taicon (which they only own 37% of) and a Korean subsidiary known as Samwha (which Nichicon owns 24% of, IIRC), but I'm not aware of that company farming out production to any other company but one of their own subsidiaries wholly owned by the company itself (so they can control all facets of production). Chemi-con has a Korean subsidiary called Samyoung (which they own 33.4% of), but there are notable distinctions that those caps have, such as the dot in the crown on the sleeve and if not that the regular Samyoung logo.

I have read that Panasonic (Matsushita) have done business with Samxon (Man Yue) and OST before. There have been rare occasions that Samxon have been spotted using a T-shaped vent, just like Panasonic. I would hope Panasonic was not outsourcing production to Samxon for some of their caps...

Samxon has a couple bad series, GF and GK. Otherwise they are okay. Sometimes hit or miss, but usually okay. What I have noticed that the caps that do poorly in LCDs usually do much better in CRTs (which have much better ventilation, run much cooler, and are obviously much bigger), but they aren't failsafe there, so to speak.

Yes, G-Luxon was junk in the day, at least their low ESR electrolytics, but I've seen their GP caps fail relatively quickly too. Teapo acquired G-Luxon back in 2005. The general consensus here is that the worst brands are Fuhjyyu, Lelon, YEC, Rulycon, Sacon/GSC/Evercon, Stone, and CapXon (their low ESR caps).
                                Yeah I agree that CapXon's low ESR series do fail a lot, but their general purpose and audio ones seem to last forever.

Also, doesn't Lelon make the caps that Radioshack sells? I have some of theirs and usually in Dell PSUs, only had one pop, along with about 5 OSTs.

I have a Navigon GPS with a 2A 5V power supply with it, it's all Stone caps, but the thing is never used so I wouldn't even know if they're good or not :P.

Another thing, I've seen the insidesof Su'Scon's manufacturing plant, it's one of the cleanest I've seen in a long time. Jackon is the runner up when it comes to clean facilities, mainly because it's 100% automated manufacturing.

Also, UCC/NCC owns another brand of cap called Marcon, correct? I use those in PSUs for computers, they work very well for the application. I also use a company called Supertech which I order from directly in Taiwan. They usually get 2000-2500 hours out of them, which imo is fine for being 15 cents a piece. Plus they ship very professionally and quickly, never takes more than 3-5 days for an order to reach you. Plus they are also ROHS which is nice. They're more common in EU devices, not sure why but I have a few technician friends over there and they've seen them more than I have. IMO I haven't had any problems so far, I tested them by putting a low esr one in a PSU I had on the standby rail, used the computer and never had a problem. About a year later and no failures, and tested within spec, so I trusted the brand and since then haven't had a problem.

Also on the subject of SamWha and Taicon, Taicon is fine IMO, SamWha is good for audio, I don't use them, but I see them in a lot of korean amplifier boards such as from DC Audio and Sundown Audio. They seem to do pretty well.

Also on the subject of brands outsourcing to other manufacturers, Sanyo has outsourced many times to other manufacturers. Like, many times. I've seen lots of manufacturers claiming to have done business with them in the past, around the 1990s to early/mid 2000's. I just replaced a failed Sanyo capacitor on an older graphics card, it failed from being less than an inch from the heatsink's air outlet, so it obviously was getting to hot. Go ahead and hate me for this, but the only caps I had in stock that would work for this were Choyo. It got the job done though. I did have Sanyo, but they weren't big enough, I'm not gonna replace a 6.3V 1500uF cap with a 16v 820uF Only 6.3V ones I had in that size were Choyo. But whatever though, it worked fine and the PC is only gonna be in service for a short time more before it's replaced entirely.
                                Popcorn.

Comment

Yeah I agree that CapXon's low ESR series do fail a lot, but their general purpose and audio ones seem to last forever.
                                  The same can be said of Samwha and Samyoung, and many of the other "bad" brands. There are exceptions, though, such as YEC.

Also, doesn't Lelon make the caps that Radioshack sells? I have some of theirs and usually in Dell PSUs, only had one pop, along with about 5 OSTs.
                                  Both Xicon and NTE rebrand Lelon. I recall that Radioshack did sell them. 5 popped OSTs and one popped Lelon sounds more like a popped Luminous Town Electric capacitor (LTEC). Dell Lite-on PSUs very often had a mix of OST and LTEC. LTEC and Lelon's logo are very similar and are so easily confused.

Another thing, I've seen the insidesof Su'Scon's manufacturing plant, it's one of the cleanest I've seen in a long time. Jackon is the runner up when it comes to clean facilities, mainly because it's 100% automated manufacturing.
                                  Interesting. Jackcon's low impedance electrolytics are known to be very failure prone and were among the worst back in the day on motherboards, along with Chhsi, Lelon, JPCON/Jenpan Electronics/Jenpo, Choyo, Wendell, etc. So bad that they would fail after 250 hours of operation. Jackcon's GP capacitors aren't leaps and bounds better, and were often known to fail in routers in less than a year.

It's true that no human breath is permitted in the manufacturing facilities, and controlling the H2O content of the electrolytic mixture is fundamentally and largely a byproduct of controlling the moisture (humidity) the capacitors are synthesized in.

Also, UCC/NCC owns another brand of cap called Marcon, correct? I use those in PSUs for computers, they work very well for the application. I also use a company called Supertech which I order from directly in Taiwan. They usually get 2000-2500 hours out of them, which imo is fine for being 15 cents a piece. Plus they ship very professionally and quickly, never takes more than 3-5 days for an order to reach you. Plus they are also ROHS which is nice. They're more common in EU devices, not sure why but I have a few technician friends over there and they've seen them more than I have. IMO I haven't had any problems so far, I tested them by putting a low esr one in a PSU I had on the standby rail, used the computer and never had a problem. About a year later and no failures, and tested within spec, so I trusted the brand and since then haven't had a problem.
                                  NCC acquired Marcon's electrolytic and tantalum division in April 1995. They own 20% of them.

Also on the subject of SamWha and Taicon, Taicon is fine IMO, SamWha is good for audio, I don't use them, but I see them in a lot of korean amplifier boards such as from DC Audio and Sundown Audio. They seem to do pretty well.
                                  Taicon had a couple bad series that were used on motherboards way back when, HD and HI.

Also on the subject of brands outsourcing to other manufacturers, Sanyo has outsourced many times to other manufacturers. Like, many times. I've seen lots of manufacturers claiming to have done business with them in the past, around the 1990s to early/mid 2000's. I just replaced a failed Sanyo capacitor on an older graphics card, it failed from being less than an inch from the heatsink's air outlet, so it obviously was getting to hot. Go ahead and hate me for this, but the only caps I had in stock that would work for this were Choyo. It got the job done though. I did have Sanyo, but they weren't big enough, I'm not gonna replace a 6.3V 1500uF cap with a 16v 820uF Only 6.3V ones I had in that size were Choyo. But whatever though, it worked fine and the PC is only gonna be in service for a short time more before it's replaced entirely.
                                  Sun electronics (Suncon/Sunelec) has been the OEM for Sanyo since 1994 at least. They are identified by their bright green sleeves and overlapping, K-shaped vent. Interesting that Sanyo would have several different OEMs making their capacitors, as Sanyo capacitors have always had several different bung styles. Sounds like you replaced a 1500μF 6.3V Sanyo WG? with a Choyo. I hope it was of the same grade or close, as Sanyo WGs are ultra low impedance electrolytics.

Comment

The same can be said of Samwha and Samyoung, and many of the other "bad" brands. There are exceptions, though, such as YEC.

Both Xicon and NTE rebrand Lelon. I recall that Radioshack did sell them. 5 popped OSTs and one popped Lelon sounds more like a popped Luminous Town Electric capacitor (LTEC). Dell Lite-on PSUs very often had a mix of OST and LTEC. LTEC and Lelon's logo are very similar and are so easily confused.

Interesting. Jackcon's low impedance electrolytics are known to be very failure prone and were among the worst back in the day on motherboards, along with Chhsi, Lelon, JPCON/Jenpan Electronics/Jenpo, Choyo, Wendell, etc. So bad that they would fail after 250 hours of operation. Jackcon's GP capacitors aren't leaps and bounds better, and were often known to fail in routers in less than a year.

It's true that no human breath is permitted in the manufacturing facilities, and controlling the H2O content of the electrolytic mixture is fundamentally and largely a byproduct of controlling the moisture (humidity) the capacitors are synthesized in.

NCC acquired Marcon's electrolytic and tantalum division in April 1995. They own 20% of them.

Taicon had a couple bad series that were used on motherboards way back when, HD and HI.

Sun electronics (Suncon/Sunelec) has been the OEM for Sanyo since 1994 at least. They are identified by their bright green sleeves and overlapping, K-shaped vent. Interesting that Sanyo would have several different OEMs making their capacitors, as Sanyo capacitors have always had several different bung styles. Sounds like you replaced a 1500μF 6.3V Sanyo WG? with a Choyo. I hope it was of the same grade or close, as Sanyo WGs are ultra low impedance electrolytics.
                                    1. Never encountered a "YEC" so far, hope I never do(or I kinda do because repairs=money)

2. Interesting, I had a guy come in with a modded amplifier he wanted un modded, the guy who modded it recapped it entirely with Xicons, I recapped it with Nichicon Fine Gold because this was a circa 1950's Fender amplifier, the mod was so bad I almost vomited.

2(cont). Wait, Lelon and LTEC use the same style of logo? I thought Lelon's was the only one of that style, similar but not the same as Rubycon. I have a few of those PSU's as spares up front, I'm going to check them immediately to make sure there are no LTECs in them, if there are I'm replacing them immediately.

3. I was referring to more of the general cleanliness of the place. Offices were very neat and orderly, sales representatives were quite nice, and Jackcon has the cheapest capacitors you can buy, hands down. Because labor is minimal in their facilities, their caps usually cost under 1 cent each if it's under 1000uf. I know for 12000 capacitors of varying types, the total cost would be around 350$. Now that's a lot more than under a cent each, but they had stiff shipping methods, so you had to pay to use their company (DHL) which costs quite a bit more than EMS does. Hence why I have never purchased from them. I stick with Supertech as they are cheap and use EMS for shipping, which is speedy and cheap.

4. I checked the cap before I put it in, it was a low ESR series that had 0.32 ohms on it, which was fine for being on a GPU.

5. Is there any way I can contact Marcon? I can't find contact information for them anywhere and if they can compete with Supertech, I'd happily use them over them. Plus I'd like to have some datasheets for the ones I have in stock so I could know what they are other than series, temperature and capacitance.
                                    Popcorn.

Comment

3. I was referring to more of the general cleanliness of the place. Offices were very neat and orderly, sales representatives were quite nice, and Jackcon has the cheapest capacitors you can buy, hands down.
                                      So it was tidy, which is good, but that doesn't inspire hope that they would attribute the same orderliness to their manufacturing process.

Because labor is minimal in their facilities, their caps usually cost under 1 cent each if it's under 1000uf. I know for 12000 capacitors of varying types, the total cost would be around 350$. Now that's a lot more than under a cent each, but they had stiff shipping methods, so you had to pay to use their company (DHL) which costs quite a bit more than EMS does. Hence why I have never purchased from them. I stick with Supertech as they are cheap and use EMS for shipping, which is speedy and cheap.
                                      Well, on the topic of labor, so many caps are made in China (even by companies headquartered in Taiwan, Korea, and Japan) because the cost of labor is much cheaper there. I'm not sure if it's as much an issue today because of the usage of automated machines.

4. I checked the cap before I put it in, it was a low ESR series that had 0.32 ohms on it, which was fine for being on a GPU.
                                      That sounds okay for GP applications, but might be a bit high for the input or output of a buck regulator on a GPU (unless it was just smoothing a linear regulator). Ideally the impedance would be under 0.1 ohms.

5. Is there any way I can contact Marcon? I can't find contact information for them anywhere and if they can compete with Supertech, I'd happily use them over them. Plus I'd like to have some datasheets for the ones I have in stock so I could know what they are other than series, temperature and capacitance.
                                      On NCC's website, the telephone number is +81-238-72-2290 and the fax number +81-238-72-2292 for Marcon.

Comment

So it was tidy, which is good, but that doesn't inspire hope that they would attribute the same orderliness to their manufacturing process.

Well, on the topic of labor, so many caps are made in China (even by companies headquartered in Taiwan, Korea, and Japan) because the cost of labor is much cheaper there. I'm not sure if it's as much an issue today because of the usage of automated machines.

That sounds okay for GP applications, but might be a bit high for the input or output of a buck regulator on a GPU (unless it was just smoothing a linear regulator). Ideally the impedance would be under 0.1 ohms.

On NCC's website, the telephone number is +81-238-72-2290 and the fax number +81-238-72-2292 for Marcon.
                                        1. Yeah most manufacturers are going fully automated, these days, hence the cheaper prices and larger quantities.

2. Yeah it's only gonna be there for a short time and it performed beautifully after, as before the PC with the card in refused to boot entirely.

3. Thanks, didn't know they put the contact info for Marcon on their site.
                                        Popcorn.

Comment

Working...
                                        X