ASUS C423NA-WB01-CB not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS C423NA-WB01-CB not turning on

Hi all, I am working on an ASUS C423NA-WB01-CB motherboard C223NA Rev. 2 which has USB Type-C charging ports. The problem is that it is stuck on 5V .43amp. I just replaced the SilmPort Chip ANX3429 with a new one since it was getting hot. After replacing it, still the same. Does anyone have a video/TUTORIAL or read out on how the voltages are distributed/input/output through the USB C ports. Just want to learn this technology on laptops. Hope the learning will help before I further trouble shoot this ASUS problem. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mferna14; 07-30-2021, 07:21 PM.

Re: ASUS C423NA-WB01-CB not turning on

Hi mferna14,

Were you able to find out anything on why this laptop was not turning on? I have the same laptop, and one of the power lines is showing 15 ohms to ground. When I apply voltage to that line, that chip SilmPort Chip ANX3429 becomes hot. I haven't removed it by I am tempted to do so and change it. Let me know if you ever did find out anything. Tks!

Comment

Re: ASUS C423NA-WB01-CB not turning on

This is a very old post of mine., I think I was able to repair it then, there was a ceramic cap which was leaky near to this chip ANX3429, I guess it was a volt rail which was lower then 19v obvious, otherwise the motherboard would not even turn on. Check the nearby caps, this is why the chip is getting hot, I don't think that the chip goes bad. I remember injecting 2.5v on the 3.3v rail, this is how I found the caps defective & it was then the caps got hot (a leak in the caps will not make the caps hot, this is when you need to raise the injected volts), injecting 1v did not help.

Comment

Working...
      X