hm70 chipset 30min timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hm70 chipset 30min timer

is there anyway to remove or bypass the 30min timer of an hm70 chipset after upgrading cpu to core i series.

Re: hm70 chipset 30min timer

Originally posted by bigbily09 View Post
    is there anyway to remove or bypass the 30min timer of an hm70 chipset after upgrading cpu to core i series.
    I had no idea what you were talking about and thought you were making this up but a quick internet search sent me down a two hour rabbit hole on this topic.

That's absolutely crazy. It works perfectly but arbitrarily decides to shut down the computer after 30 minutes because you didn't buy a system with a better chipset to begin with.

All that said, I have no actual solution to your problem, sorry.

Comment

Learning something new every day Crazy.

Found this:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a...utdown.225447/

Comment

Clean Me Region issue for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by age80 View Post
          Clean Me Region issue for sure...
          That will not work, for sure...
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

You are right...
            HM70 supports only intel pentium dual core until B980 and intel pentium like 1000M
            You'll need HM76 or HM77 for an iCore

Comment

Originally posted by age80 View Post
              You are right...
              HM70 supports only intel pentium dual core until B980 and intel pentium like 1000M
              You'll need HM76 or HM77 for an iCore
              Is the chipset a direct replacement? They could desolder the old one with a BGA rework station and put the better one?

Comment

bigbily09 received an answer this morning, and I don't know why he create another topic in different forum section (probably expecting a miracle to happen this way) about the same thing.
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...62&postcount=2
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.​
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                  Is the chipset a direct replacement? They could desolder the old one with a BGA rework station and put the better one?
                  Yes you can, I have done it several times.Depending on your model you might need firmware reprograming on a motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                    bigbily09 received an answer this morning, and I don't know why he create another topic in different forum section (probably expecting a miracle to happen this way) about the same thing.
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...62&postcount=2
                    Ok thanks so now i know that cleaning me region is not a possible solution because the timer that was programmed is in the chipset not in the bios so cleaning me is not a solution btw thanks for all your reply but if you have other suggestion im always open to learn new things thanks

Comment

i have solution. me not help to clean so need mod me region.
                      inject this me region
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello.

It's been a while, but I'll share my experiences here on this topic.

Originally posted by pongis View Post

i have solution. me not help to clean so need mod me region.
                        inject this me region
                        In my case (for my laptop) Your dump not worked.

I have laptop ASUS X401A-WX095V (intel HM70 chipset) - originally came with Celeron B820. I swapped CPU to i5-2410M (from Toshiba Satellite Pro C660 on HM65 chipset) and like other Users every 30 min laptop suddenly turned off. But...

Yesterday I found a solution which is as follows:
                        1. Dumped BIOS from EEPROM using external programmer (I using latest BIOS for this laptop ver 212),
                        2. Next used Hex editor for downgrade ME Region to 7.0.4.1197. I used stock/clean ME Region 7.0.4.1197 for this downgrade purpose,
                        3. I flashed back new modded BIOS with new ME Region,
                        ..and after that, laptop was able to turned on, enter to BIOS, but couldn't boot from any connected media drive (ssd, usb)..., so I applied Linux version of "corna / me_cleaner " from github.
                        So last step was:
                        4. I runed "me_cleaner.py -S" script on my new modded BIOS with downgraded ME Region 7.0.4. In my case works first suggested option with capital S from me_cleaner instruction.

Thats it!!
                        After that my laptop is able to boot from any media drive and working without 30 min shutdown

note:
                        -my Asus X401A on HM70 had original BIOS with ME Region 8.0.10.1464
                        -donor Toshiba C660 on HM65 had BIOS with ME Region 7.0.4.1197

Maybe this will help those who are still looking for a solution. Hope it does

Best regards from Poland!
                        Last edited by audifann; 12-09-2023, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• audifann
                          audifann commented
                          Editing a comment
                          P.S. After running the script in 4th step, You need to again flashed back bios with the second modded bios file.
                          Last edited by audifann; 12-14-2023, 04:37 PM.
                      Working...
                      X