HP omen 15 does not power on DAG3AAMBAE0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP omen 15 does not power on DAG3AAMBAE0

Hi people, I was handed an hp omen 15-ce020ca to have a look at. It does not power on at all. The light by the charge port blinks an amber colour once when its plugged then that's it, no other signs if life. If press the power button as soon as I plug in the charger it blinks white first then amber then nothing. If I remove the battery then plug it in, it blinks white once then nothing. If this laptop was working normally would it power on without an installed battery? I've tested the charger and it is giving me the right 19.5 volts. It is an HP brand 150W charger and I would not have reason to suspect it is bad. I could not find any information about what 1 short amber blink should mean. Has anyone seen this before? Any insights? Thanks in advance

Re: HP omen 15 does not power on

remove the main battery, CMOS battery, and HDD. then, turn the laptop on using the AC adapter only. I guess there is a short on the mainboard.
    Last edited by caspian; 05-16-2019, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Yeah I've tried removing everything I could and swapped in some good ram but still the same result. The board looks clean as a whistle but it looks like I'll have to probe it and see if I can find anything

Comment

the same issue with mine, Im still looking for the solution, 3vpcu and 5vpcu are present, no power on, amber lit slight but blinking

Comment

Hi. Did anybody find the solution to this problem ?. I was handed a HP Omen 15-ce015dx with the same behavior that vanrepair explained.

Thanks in advance for any light on this

Comment

The motherboard is a DAG3AAMBAE0

Comment

Check AD_ID .Original adapter in use??

Comment

3.3 v bios present?

Comment

have you tried to reprogram the bios with the correct version ? I solve a similar issue on the same mobo.
                  For the smart adapter AD_ID check the presence of 19v on the center pin (be careful not to cause shorts) .
                  Last edited by jasko_jacker; 10-23-2019, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                    have you tried to reprogram the bios with the correct version ? I solve a similar issue on the same mobo.
                    For the smart adapter AD_ID check the presence of 19v on the center pin (be careful not to cause shorts) .
                    Hello muy friend, my story is similar I just got from a friend a DAG3AAMBAF0 rev F. This was the initial behaviour.

- Power jack on dc connected Solid light, when press power button turns off and then solid again.

Measured all coils , I had 5v always, near it there's 3v always but wasn't there. I removed current sense resistor and measured resistance and had a short. Injected voltage and Charger IC heated up with thermal camera. Removed it replaced and same behaviour again. All coils resistance showing no shorts.
                    So I said it might be a problem with the KBC as the KBC manages the enable signals going to the DC converters. I decided to remove ITE 8987E to reprogram with rt809h removed it soldered on the socket for my programmer but it wasn't detected ( could the IC be failty? probably). Soldered it back again to program it online, I soldered all cables for all KBC lines KSOx to KIx , and when I connected it again no response wasn't detected. Now this is what happened while I was taking some measurements, by bad luck I had the programmer socket moving around the pcb it slided on top of the kbc connector and the KBC went dead.
                    So now i'm left with the machine with no solid led light on the dc jack. And besides that, I don't have 19V past the 1st mosfet. I don't understand how does the IDEA_G signal work? to enable 1st mosfet gate. and i also can't find the dual pnp array. on the board.
                    Attached Files

Comment

removed current sense resistor and measured resistance and had a short
                      Current sense resistors are always very low in resistance value. Typically < 1 ohms so they will appear as a "short". If the resistance was too high, then the part will heat up dramatically while passing the current from one side to the other. Rarely are current sense resistors the fault.
                      3v always
                      Work on fixing this fault. Locate and identify the part that creates this rail. Share a clear picture of nearby ICs. As the net name implies, "3v always" must always be present for the logic board to operate normally.

Can you link or post the logic board schematic? Will check my database in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by dssence View Post
                        I don't understand how does the IDEA_G signal work? to enable 1st mosfet gate.
                        IDEA_G is the bias circuit to make PQ1002 to saturate and pass the +VA voltage to +VAD point.

In order to get this, PR1005 puts the gate of PQ1002 to ground through it. This is only possible if PQ1004 is not damaged or bad biased.

You can remove PQ1004 to ensure that it doesn't interfere. (only for testing)

PQ1004 introduces some delay to limit the inrush current.

Comment

Re: HP omen 15 does not power on DAG3AAMBAE0

No power ,5v always 3.3v not precent
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP omen 15 does not power on DAG3AAMBAE0

what is the reference of this chip ?

Comment

Working...
                            X