Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED screen half white half black

Hi all,
    I'm trying to repair my son's TV by following several Youtube videos. Original problem was no picture but there was an image if you shine a flashlight at an angle. There was audio but there were also no backlights. I replaced several LED strips and after reassembling the TV they worked. When I powered up the set there is a brief flash of light on the screen but no picture or image. Thinking I had incorrectly inserted the data ribbons from the T-con into the panel boards, I tried removing and replacing the two ribbons. Now when I power up I get a screen that is half white and half black (or dark). I've tried this a few times and end up with either no picture at all or the half screens.
    I would greatly appreciate anyone's input on what I might be dealing with at this point. I did replace the Power Supply board first before the LED strips so I'm in for a bit of money already.

The set is a Toshiba 49L310U.

Thanks to everyone for any suggestions.

Re: LED screen half white half black

Originally posted by cynfeld5 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm trying to repair my son's TV by following several Youtube videos. Original problem was no picture but there was an image if you shine a flashlight at an angle. There was audio but there were also no backlights. I replaced several LED strips and after reassembling the TV they worked. When I powered up the set there is a brief flash of light on the screen but no picture or image. Thinking I had incorrectly inserted the data ribbons from the T-con into the panel boards, I tried removing and replacing the two ribbons. Now when I power up I get a screen that is half white and half black (or dark). I've tried this a few times and end up with either no picture at all or the half screens.
    I would greatly appreciate anyone's input on what I might be dealing with at this point. I did replace the Power Supply board first before the LED strips so I'm in for a bit of money already.

The set is a Toshiba 49L310U.

Thanks to everyone for any suggestions.
    Try to clean ribbons on Tcon board or replace Tcon board.

Comment

Re: LED screen half white half black

Can you post pictures of your circuit boards and add them as attachments.
      What dc voltage do you have on each side of the tcon fuse?
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
      X