Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightening in yard..what’s the chances it’s just a power board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lightening in yard..what's the chances it's just a power board?

I did some more testing. With all ribbons plugged in the green light on the logic board stays on the 6 seconds, off for 2. On for 6, off for 2. If I disconnect ribbon from Y board it blinks on-off for 1 second alternating. If I leave Y ribbon in and remove ribbon for X board it does nothing. No blinking at all.i checked voltage to x board where it runs back to Y and he starts at the 205V and bleeds down to almost nothing.

I swear it acts like when it had the 6500 series board in it like reprogrammed the other boards for the 6500 series main board and maybe since the screen can’t work within those parameters it just doesn’t come on. Sending the bogus board back and going to look for a correct main PC board and HOPE that it sets everything back to how it should be but who knows.

Comment

Well in an interesting twist....I tried the test again. No go. Pulled the ribbon that goes from my main board to the logic board and tried again...and it started running the pattern test again! I pushed on the logic board and try again and it fails. So then I pull the stand mount and pull and reseat every ribbon cable. I unplugged and re-plugged in the power cord 10-15 times and it didn’t fail a single time. I put the stand frame back on it and it fails the first attempt and then works every time since. So...I returned the bogus board and got the correct board coming from a reputable seller and will try again. I reseated every ground screw I could find. Not sure what to think at this point. The TV worked flawlessly until that storm came through so we’ll see what happens. Will post another update later after new board comes.
      Last edited by BuggyMasters; 06-10-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Ok FINALLY after 5 weeks everything is back to normal. This lightening blast took out my air conditioning upstairs in my house unit along with everything else. My big plasma was being stored up there while I worked on it and it got hot up there. It appears that these plasmas have a well known issue with a couple of the capacitors on the Y sustain board. I had caught wind of this with all my research working on this tv for my original problem with my main board but since it performed flawlessly before the lightening issue, I did not think that was something I would be dealing with. Lucky me...it appears the time it spent in the heat brought it into the realm of having to deal with that issue. Fortunately for me, the guy who sold me the 2nd board knew his sh!t. When he originally sent me the 2nd board, it worked great. Then I realized sometimes it would turn on, sometimes it would not. This is a symptom of the well known problem with these TV’s. The guy who sold me the 2nd board knew this, I sent the board to him, he changed out the bad capacitors (sorry for the forum pun) with the “good ones” and it now works perfectly.

One side note for anyone else who may need this bit of info: when I first got this fired up after the 2nd board arrived, the wireless card didn’t work acted like it didn’t have one and would never attempt to get to my wireless network. On a whim, I simply unplugged and replugged in the connector for the wireless card while powered on and that’s what it needed to reset itself and it worked perfectly after that.

Note number 2: I will be actively avoiding any USPS shipments that would need to go through Atlanta. What a disaster. To add to my 5 week electronic marathon, they lost the freaking box after he shipped it back from fixing the capacitors. Just couldn’t believe it. Absolute disaster dealing with Atlanta’s distribution centers. They did finally find it but good gosh this journey just wouldn’t end. All good now. Thx to those that helped.

And my air conditioner...it too...Bad Capacitor. Nice and cool now. Everything on a surge protector other than AC which is wired to main box on house.

Comment

In my experience HDMI switch went dead after lighting stroke, simply removed the switch ic (was shorted) and TV is back working (no hdmi inputs, obviously)

Comment

Removed.
            Last edited by Davi.p; 07-09-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X