Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ps4 1215 model Changed port and encoder still no video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps4 1215 model Changed port and encoder still no video?

hi guys so i have this ps4 fat 1215 i believe ( the one with the ps4 pro/slim newer encoder ic ) so i replaced hdmi and 2 blown filters and still no pic so i replaced encoder and still no pic. i made sure port is solid even checked with a breakout hdmi and tested ground and data lines.. Filters are all good , though 2 of the newer ones are larger then the original ones i dont know if that matters ?
    Made sure under the scope encoder pins all look solid went over with fine tip and solder again. Idk but this thing is stressing me out..
    ps4 seems to boot fine blue light then solid white after a minute.

i was wondering if anyone had the diode values of all the caps and diodes/resistors around encoder / port and underside ??

My board is similar to this one
    Attached Files
    Last edited by irepair559; 01-01-2023, 01:22 AM.

Re: ps4 1215 model Changed port and encoder still no video?

could be a faulty new encoder as a lot of fakes around also you could try asking on this facebook group for advice https://www.facebook.com/groups/console.repair.legion

Comment

Ok here are the Diode readings for HDMI port

i made sure all pins on encoder are intact..

i kept getting blown fuses with no power just testing with multimeter ?
      Maybe from the heat??

All filters are good now and encoder looks solid.

Here are the current readings
      Attached Files

Comment

You have an error in reading on 1, 4, 10 pins (they should have the same as on 3, 6, 7, 9, 12 - the same resistance relative to gnd
        Attached Files

Comment

ok touched up all the pins and now i get normal readings on each pin but still no picture ?? What are the readings supposed to be for a 1215a ? im getting 400s- 500s and one 600 ? check new pic thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Anyone ? Really want to figure this out i will not let it defeat me!! ��
            If readings are good that mean encoder and hdmi and filters are all good? im getting 5v to pin 18 to .. Fuse is good ? what else can it be?
            Last edited by irepair559; 01-04-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Check the resistance between the HDMI pins and encoder pins going through the filters.

Comment

they are good all have contiuity , if the hdmi readings are good doesnt that mean the lines from the hdmi port to the encoder are good ?

Comment

have you checked the hard drive health using crystal disk

Comment

ive tried in safe mode and without drive it should still produce a ps logo , even without drive safe mode should show video but doesnt . can it be something else ? Gpu? or other chip ?

Comment

true yes should still produce logo a faulty encoder would still be my guess

Comment

so 2 bad encoders ? But if they were bad i wouldnt get those readings ?

Comment

Working...
                        X