• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PS2 Slim Not Powering On

try from reds to greens

Comment

I measured the fuse voltage wrong the first time. This is the results of the second attempt.

I don't know if I understand the basic principles of measuring this sort, but that should be answered in a different thread.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ah! So there is power going through the fuse. Keep the black probe on the black point (Ground reference) and move the red probe to both sides the fuse PS15 below. See if power is going through it.

Comment

PS15 is reading 8.8V.

Comment

Well, I guess you have to follow the power to the buck converters that convert the 8.8 down to 1.8V, 3.3v etc that are on the top side of the board. There has to be one buck converter (stby) that’s always on. If it’s not working, things are simple. If the stby buck converter does work and no LED, I’d say you got a junk board for parts. The buck converters are on the top side of the board from the yellow plug all the way down to the coin cell battery.
            Look at the bright side, you got a working board to cheat your way through it. Just don’t short anything out, other than that you got 2 paper weights.

Comment

I'm not sure what a buck converter, so I am hoping I googled it right.
              Attached Files

Comment

Buck converter is a step down converter. It takes a certain voltage and steps it down to a different one. And yes that in the picture are them.

Comment

Working...
                X