Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corsair SF600 - Everything ok but no spining

Hi:

I brought this SMPS as broken, but as far as I can check it works quite ok. At least I have all the outputs and I have tested in an office PC (not high demanding).

As soon as I switch it on, the fan works for about 1 second and then it stops. (it's the only moment when I see the fan working)

I am just wondering whether this is a normal behavior from the power supply and the fan just starts working when it gets really hot. The power supply it's tagged as 80+ platinum so maybe it saves energy everywhere.....

Does anybody has this power supply or similar one to confirm this behaviour?

In case it would be faulty........what do you thing about going to find for the 12V rail and connect the fan there?

Regards,
    Francesc.
    Attached Files

Re: Corsair SF600 - Everything ok but no spining

if it works then it's probably fine.
    looking at the sticker they even tested the pot and got high

Comment

https://west-games.com/corsair-psu-fan-not-spinning/

Comment

Originally posted by Francesc V. View Post
        I am just wondering whether this is a normal behavior from the power supply and the fan just starts working when it gets really hot. The power supply it's tagged as 80+ platinum so maybe it saves energy everywhere.....

Does anybody has this power supply or similar one to confirm this behaviour?
        Yes, it's perfectly normal, it starts to spin after reaching 50% (or so) load or some temperatures. And that's not for energy saving but quietness.

Originally posted by stj View Post
        looking at the sticker they even tested the pot and got high
        Or they just say to pot Hi?
        Last edited by jons; 02-15-2023, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Is "Hi Pot" the proper dealing for your favorite dispensary sales person?
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
          X