Dell Optiplex 7040 MT ,saw smoke coming out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Optiplex 7040 MT ,saw smoke coming out

Dell Optiplex 7040 MT (Service Tag S/N DSNJ992)

Built a PC on this used motherboard(DELL MIQ170R Swordfish DDR4 MT 14057-1). At first, when I plug in power cable(without even pushing start button) fans immediately start working at normal speed then after 4-5 seconds it starts working at full speed and stays that way until you manually turn it off by holding power button. While fans are working nothing shows up on screen.
    Also tried turning it on without CPU and RAM. Acts same. As soon as power cable is plugged in fans working at normal speed then goes to full speed after a while...
    There is a yellow indicator on motherboard that blinks 2 + 1(2 pause 1 and repeat)
    I thought it's a BIOS issue and I erased the bios firmware with the CH314 programmer. Plugged in power cable again, this time with no BIOS and saw the smoke coming out.
    Now there are no signs of life at all when I plug-in power cable or press start button on PC. Fans don't work either. Stopped working altogether
    When I checked there was this burnt detail(attached image) that has these numbers on it "8910 and **005M". I can't identify first 2 symbols before 005M but I suppose it could be 45005M as I've seen some similar details on the internet with that numbers on it.
    Is this thing replaceable or somehow can be fixed?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-24-2023, 02:21 AM. Reason: moved thread

Re: Dell Optiplex 7040 MT ,saw smoke coming out

Originally posted by nimbus2000 View Post
    Dell Optiplex 7040 MT (Service Tag S/N DSNJ992)

Built a PC on this used motherboard(DELL MIQ170R Swordfish DDR4 MT 14057-1). At first, when I plug in power cable(without even pushing start button) fans immediately start working at normal speed then after 4-5 seconds it starts working at full speed and stays that way until you manually turn it off by holding power button. While fans are working nothing shows up on screen.
    Also tried turning it on without CPU and RAM. Acts same. As soon as power cable is plugged in fans working at normal speed then goes to full speed after a while...
    There is a yellow indicator on motherboard that blinks 2 + 1(2 pause 1 and repeat)
    I thought it's a BIOS issue and I erased the bios firmware with the CH314 programmer. Plugged in power cable again, this time with no BIOS and saw the smoke coming out.
    Now there are no signs of life at all when I plug-in power cable or press start button on PC. Fans don't work either. Stopped working altogether
    When I checked there was this burnt detail(attached image) that has these numbers on it "8910 and **005M". I can't identify first 2 symbols before 005M but I suppose it could be 45005M as I've seen some similar details on the internet with that numbers on it.
    Is this thing replaceable or somehow can be fixed?
    Please, any body help me? Will this fit:
    https://aliexpress.ru/item/328567219...id=65337013535

Comment

Do you need a schematic so you can identify the part on the board? I can get you a link to the proper part tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by lustre View Post
        Do you need a schematic so you can identify the part on the board? I can get you a link to the proper part tomorrow
        Thank you! I'm waiting your link.

Comment

Originally posted by nimbus2000 View Post
          Thank you! I'm waiting your link.
          Pic attached is part. Use search engine to find part number: TPS22966DPUR
          I attached circuit picture too
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X