Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to get specs for this electrolytic cap please

Hi,
    I would be very grateful if the make of this 100uf 35V smd cap in the photo can be identified. It is used in dc-dc converter on a 15 years instrument board that is fairly used. I would ideally like to find its specs in order to replace it with a similar one, that has similar ripple current, ESR, etc.
    Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: Need to get specs for this electrolytic cap please

It looks like a Lelon VE series part.

Comment

Thats great! Many thanks for your help redwire!
      I couldn't find the ESR value in the specs so I calculated it from the given Tanδ value, which came to be 1.59 Ω. That calculation is done at 120Hz however that cap is working as an input filter for dc-dc converter running at 1Mhz so its ESR would be much less...
      I guess it would be okay to replace it with a new cap of a much lower ESR value?
      thanks again

Comment

This isn't a low ESR capacitor, do I don't think you need to replace it with one, but I would recommend replacing it with a higher-hour or higher temp. capacitor.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewsawesomr View Post
          This isn't a low ESR capacitor, do I don't think you need to replace it with one, but I would recommend replacing it with a higher-hour or higher temp. capacitor.
          Lelon's VE series is rated for 85C, which means it's a general purpose type, not low impedance. So a GP 105C part from a good manufacturer would be a good improvement.
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Many thanks for everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X