Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synlogy DS218 Play - After wrong power supply - 1HDD not powering up

Hello,

I got this Synology DS218Play. Wrong power supply was connected (19V instead of 12), Synology is working booting, HDD1 is ok but HDD2 is not spining. Looking at SATA connector, there's no 5 V for HDD2.

I've measure THe PIN on SATA connector and I get between 0,4 to 1.35 V... it depends when I measure. I can find same voltage on PIN 7&8 of Mosfet 4953A.

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/104652...ductor/4953A/1

I could make jump from working 5V from HDD1 ? Or try to fix 5V on HDD2. i can't find any boardview or schematic

Thanks
    Sam
    Attached Files

Re: Synlogy DS218 Play - After wrong power supply - 1HDD not powering up

I guess Synlogoy are not so popular. I'll try to bridge 5V then.

Comment

Originally posted by samstown View Post
      I guess Synlogoy are not so popular. I'll try to bridge 5V then.
      You can bridge 5v , it's no problem as sometimes we do eject external voltages , but the problem is will 4953A take two satas instead of one ..I really doubt that since they could have put only one initially for the two if it's sufficient.. And it doesn't matter if Synology or Extream or other devices . Most of them have two seats for ide or sata devices , and basically similar designs and functions .

Comment

Hello,

I've bridge it and it's working. thank you.

Sam

Comment

Good to know , good luck .

Comment

Working...
          X