Xbox One S - seems to power up but no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One S - seems to power up but no video

Working on a Xbox One S. It seems to power up alright, but I'm not getting any video. I tried to perform the video reset by holding the power and eject buttons down, but after about 5 seconds, the machine will power up but I never get the second beep, even after holding for a full minute.

Where should I be looking?

Re: Xbox One S - seems to power up but no video

does it have audio?
    i mean do you know it's actually "running" ?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      does it have audio?
      i mean do you know it's actually "running" ?
      Excellent question. I had it connected to a PC monitor and never even thought about that. I just connected it to a TV and no, there is no audio. Power LED is on, HDD is spinning and WAIT, it just came on! With video. So then it's just taking forever to boot. I guess just a slow HDD, yeah? Still on the green XBOX ONE screen though. - finally came up on the profile screen. about 5 minutes.
      Last edited by survivalbloke; 02-25-2023, 09:17 AM.

Comment

maybe a corrupt or fucked drive
        a lot of them use the seagate rosewood drives that destroy the platter coating

you could try a re-install - m$ has the o.s. available to download to a pc to re-image a drive

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          maybe a corrupt or fucked drive
          a lot of them use the seagate rosewood drives that destroy the platter coating

you could try a re-install - m$ has the o.s. available to download to a pc to re-image a drive
          Will do, I appreciate the help. It is a seagate drive, not sure of the rosewood suffix though. This is purely anecdotal but I own a tech shop and we replace at least 1k hdd's a year. Seagate is the most common name in the stacks and piles.

Comment

Working...
          X