IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 Possible BIOS message and doesnt boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 Possible BIOS message and doesnt boot

My Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 only 2 years old shows this message when I start it:

BIInializeLibrary failed oxc0000185

then it doesnt boot and i have shutdown by holding the power button

I did goodle but canot undertand what is wrong and where to start. I have reset bios and also upgraded to newer bios but it didnt make a difference.

sometimes it boots to wondows but very often I it get the above message?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-19-2023, 11:01 AM. Reason: IdeaPad 5 15ARE05

Re: IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 Possible BIOS message and doesnt boot

I'm a Linux guy so I don't know much about windows. I did a little digging and it appears the error can have a few causes. The main one is a bad or corrupt file. That can be caused from a drive going bad, file system problem, a improper shutdown or just something went wrong somewhere and it got corrupted. The biggest thing is how to fix it. I found the video linked below. Since I don't use windows, I didn't watch it but I saw it mentioned in several places. Sometimes a video where you watch someone do something is easier to understand than reading text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxYYINOj9zc

I also found this link that has some pretty good instructions, with links to other info as well. It may be a good plan B.

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-error-c...000185-4691254

When you get it fixed, I'd recommend running some sort of hard drive test or file system test, both may be a good idea. It may help make sure this doesn't pop up again.

Hope that helps.

Comment

In my case the error most likley is not related to windows or ssd.

It is shown even before the booting process starts.

Also the clock in the windows always become wrong even after I have tried update/disable automaic clock/change time server/reset window clock services.

I wonder whether it could be due to an error in motherboard.?

What else could i try?

Comment

Originally posted by tcpip View Post
        In my case the error most likley is not related to windows or ssd.

It is shown even before the booting process starts.

Also the clock in the windows always become wrong even after I have tried update/disable automaic clock/change time server/reset window clock services.

I wonder whether it could be due to an error in motherboard.?

What else could i try?
        better check the board cmos battery and test it voltage if its 3v its good but if its lower need to change it

Comment

Working...
        X