Acer C733-C37P Chromebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer C733-C37P Chromebook

I have a stack of about 15 of these Chromebooks. All of them failed in the same way. First the primary USB port stops charging, then the second USB port stops.

The Chromebook works fine when a fully charged battery in installed, but the charging circuit is bad. Really cheap, crappy chargers come with these Chromebooks. So something is zorking the USB ports when the laptops are plugged or unplugged by students.

I've attempted contact Acer many, may times about the issue, but they refuse to respond at all. Not so much as a peep. Horrible customer service.

I think I've narrowed it down to either a few shorted capacitors, or, possibly a mosfet. But I don't know what any of the values are.

I think if I had the schematics I could fix them en masse. I'm convinced it's the same or similar issue with all the dead Chromebooks, and could be a relatively easy fix.

My work does not pay me to fix them, but I figured if they're going to be recycled anyway, I might as well attempt it on my own. It seems like such a waste. They're relatively new laptops. They're just not worth the cost to repair versus buying a new one.

Re: Acer C733-C37P Chromebook

Originally posted by olePigeon View Post
    I think if I had the schematics I could fix them en masse.
    Post the motherboard part numbers and photos of both sides of the board
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Attached are pictures of the main board and USB board. Not sure if it's Zeros or Ohs. I put zeros.

Main board:

MODEL: ZAK
      DA0ZAKMB6E0 REV:E

USB board:

DA0ZAKTB6E0
      REV:E
      Attached Files
      Last edited by olePigeon; 03-21-2023, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Honestly, not sure which silk screens are the part numbers, but the pictures are pretty legible. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Honestly, not sure which silk screens are the part numbers, but the pictures are pretty legible. Thanks for any help.
          DA0ZAKMB6E0 .Quanta ZAK ,ive seen it on some paid sites,hopefully someone has it and will kindly upload it
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

lol. I just realized how ridiculously low my post count is. I never really posted before, only read the forum.

Comment

lol. I just realized how ridiculously low my post count is. I never really posted before, only read the forum.
              Can you post a close up picture of the part behind the USB slot
              Attached Files

Comment

Here you go.
                Attached Files

Comment

It's the USB-C port above that's used for charging, so I would think any potential issues would be up there.

Comment

Working...
                  X