X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey there everyone!

Just read through the DM about posting here and such, so saying my hellos. Cam works fine for most things, otherwise I prefer to use my online handle for anything online. From what I've been seeing so far I wish I knew about this site years ago.

Comment

Hey guys, my name is David and I'm from Estonia, recently I got myself a XPS 9570 and got a pretty good deal on it, and am now looking to modiy and enhance it, currently looking into tweaking the TDP of the 1050 Ti on the board, but haven't yet bought a soldiering station and haven't gotten any further (I was able to extract the rom though from the bios update file), now I have the modified rom with a new TDP and need to inject it into the bios, and this is where I need help, was able to dump the spi rom with FPT but it's only 16MB (?), though in schematic says it's 32MB -- Anyway, need to now either look into injecting the rom into the bios file and then flashing that with a programmer (need soldering iron first, never done this though), or I do the service jumper thing, where I connect (short) the pins 1 & 2 @ SW4, which would enable write access to the ME region.

Comment

شكرٱ لكم تحياتى

Comment

joined this forum to ask about a 20yr old motherboard that just died. bad capacitors would seem obvious (although no physical indications), but the system ran with a defective psu leaking voltage for years so i want to ascertain the impact.

Comment

Hey! I'm from Ukraine. I repair computers and office equipment.

Comment

Hey all,
              I am a complete newbie to this electronic stuff and online forum stuff. Trying to teach myself as a hobby. So any tips or advice would be great.
              Thanks

Comment

Hi guys,
                I'm located in Denmark. I have my own IT company supporting SMB companies with everything IT as well as being af full-stack web-dev using Open Source tools. In my spare time i love working on electronics.
                I love retro-stuff, and have a small collection of 8-bit computers from the 80's, but occasionally I need to fix more modern computers for clients (or even for myself!)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Comment

Hi everyone Greeting from morroco
                  Am new here , I d like to persue my learning path ,not only by reading threads and electronic article online but also interact with real Professional guys to exchange knowladge .let the the journey begin i ll set sail .

Comment

Hi everyone. I am from Slovakia.
                    I'm an electronics technician. I repair various electronic devices. It's my hobby. I like to learn new things. I can give advice and I get advice.

Comment

Hello everyone! I am very happy to have found this forum and all of you to share knowledge.
                      What to say about me...I started messing around when I was little, disassembling broken b/w tvs and they gave me because they couldn't be fixed and with the copper and metals I took them to the junkyard and in return I fixed the Atari with help.
                      I am a 50-year-old woman from Spain and I never studied electricity, electronics or computer science; I learned everything or worked or studied on my own. It is a pleasure to be with you.

Comment

Hello everyone! I am very happy to have found this forum and all of you to share knowledge.
                        What to say about me...I started messing around when I was little, disassembling broken b/w tvs and they gave me because they couldn't be fixed and with the copper and metals I took them to the junkyard and in return I fixed the Atari with help.
                        I am a 50-year-old woman from Spain and I never studied electricity, electronics or computer science; I learned everything or worked or studied on my own. It is a pleasure to be with you.

Comment

Hello from the UK
                          I am a 71 years old Retired mechanical engineer, I have a big interest in computers and amateur radio.
                          I like to build and repair useful equipment for my hobbies.

Comment

Hello,
                            Been a lurker for a long time but I actually need help today so I need to do my hello post!

Comment

Hi, newbie here. Thank you for having me

Comment

Hello!! I'm Jeric. 18 years old probably the youngest here. New to this forum. I'm from Philippines and I'm trying to learn how to fix and troubleshoot computer, laptops etc. I'm willing to learn if you'll teach me and I can share my knowledge. Thank you for a warm welcome.

Comment

Hey guys,

a quick "Hi" and thanks for all the support I got via just reading so far!

Comment

Hello,

I am an electronics engineer with mainly digital board design and FPGA programming knowledge

Comment

Just a Quick HELLO from Me.
                                      Seems like I came to this party a little late but searching for a Bios password got me here pretty quick.

Nice to find a community that does not abuse members and is happy to share things and help. I tinker with all sorts of things myself so if I can help in anyway do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes and thanks again.
                                      Hv.

Comment

Hey, I am quite new here and a sort of a hobbyist Electrician and Technician of some sort. I rarely touch Electronics but never touched or repaired laptop and motherboards. Mostly I only repair simple problems like Washers, Tv's and Phones. I mostly lurked into programming mobile apps however when I encounter a broken device at home, I usually looked for their schematics and try to understand then so I can fixe them. The hardest repair probably i've made was an old Projector Tv by sony which I managed to made it turned on after being in Off-state for 7 years. I know how to troubleshoot stuff as electronic parts but not digital inputs and outputs and Clocks. I don't have an oscilloscope but I am hoping I can buy one anytime soon. I am just a 20 year old guy who is still confused about what college track should I take. Thanks by the way.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X