X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of Bad Cap Manufacturers

Originally posted by RukyCon View Post
    Came across these two recently, CepXon, and CajoXen, both sound like CapXon knockoffs. It's hard to imagine these being any worse than the brand they're knocking off.
    Originally posted by redwire View Post
    "Low ERS"
    That's hilarious!
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

This is funny. You can see chinese capacitor scammers like Matryoshka dolls lol.
      Attached Files

Comment

Was taking apart an old battery operated radio/lantern to fit a custom rechargeable battery pack in it, and couldn't help but chuckle at the brand of one of the capacitors, I feel like it's trying to insult me.
        Attached Files
        I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Inadvertent honesty.
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I have one of those sitting on my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
              I have one of those sitting on my desk.
              Which? a battery operated radio/lantern, or a capacitor thats three letters off from spelling 'Fu#k-you'.
              (Not sure if i have to keep things PG here, so i'll play it "safe")

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...3&d=1305338380

Comment

Wow, just touched the post and it seems like a great myth is included, thanks for sharing and caring

Comment

Well, I just checked my salvaged capacitor collection and found a Rukycon capacitor. What initially tipped me off was the absence of a vent, then the wierd negative stripe (regular Rubycon shown for comparison). Real Rubycon shown is 5x11, but the Rukycon is a 5 or 7mm that they just threw the standard 105Ā°C label on.
                    Measures 222uF with .88 ohms of resistance. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Attached Files

Comment

Do we add (possibly) defunct/bought out manufacturers that made capacitors in the 1970s or earlier?

Like Aerovox ... does not appear to be in business anymore, and 50 years later these capacitors are probably bad.

I just pulled a few "Cerco" branded caps that had really high ESR, IMHO even for "general purpose". Their capacitance weren't too far off and their leakage isn't all too horrible.

Comment

I had some Marcon made Illinois Caps and Nichicons (from around the 90s or so) that started leaking down their negative legs in storage, as the legs were starting to turn green and slimy near the bung. The Nichicon caps were mostly from the PL series, and were all never installed.

Comment

I had some Marcon made Illinois Caps and Nichicons (from around the 90s or so) that started leaking down their negative legs in storage, as the legs were starting to turn green and slimy near the bung. The Nichicon caps were mostly from the PL series, and were all never installed.
                          Nichicon PL and especially the PR series were notoriously known for doing this.
                          I have a number of old Astec PSUs that use these (well, the PL series). But they still seem fine and the PSUs work. Being a don't fix it if it ain't broke type of guy, I haven't opted to replace those caps yet. Sooner or later though, I'll probably run into that issue, I'm sure.

Comment

If you were forced to only use one of the brands pictured, which would it be?

Chong(A)
                            Chong
                            Chengx
                            Chongx
                            Chenxing
                            Chang
                            Changxin
                            Attached Files

Comment

And to think some people say Cheng/Chang/Chong+/-X is "decent" ...
                              - OK, but which one is the genuine brand one among all of these impostures?
                              (Hint: it's a trick question... a very very trick question )
                              That said, I really have no idea which one I'd pick. Probably would have to put a bunch of papers with their names in a hat and draw one randomly. I'm sure the chance of any of these lasting any reasonable amount of time will be just about as random as my hat lottery.

Comment

I would pick Chang. All of the others are copycats of Chang (and also copycats of themselves). That being said, the quality of Chang capacitors isn't too good either.

Comment

Is that Changxin logo made of mutilated Comic Sans?

Of course, the best is Chongx VEHT. Those turn into Black Cats if you apply their rated voltage.

Comment

New Chang clone just dropped. Introducing, ThangĀ®️

Attached Files

Comment

New Chang clone just dropped. Introducing, ThangĀ®️
                                      What device was this from?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewsawesomr View Post
                                        What device was this from?
                                        A crappy aftermarket laptop power adaptor.

Comment

What about RELAND SUN?

Comment

Working...
                                          X