PlayStation 4 SAB-001 component identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayStation 4 SAB-001 component identification

Hello, I have a PS4 board model SAB-001 that is missing two components on the opposite side of power supply prongs, picture is not mine but I marked the components I am looking for, for the IC I believe to have found one on a different model donor board, but for the tiny resistor I have no idea.

If someone has this board, could you please measure the value of that resistor, it is missing completely on my board and I have no exact donor. Much appreciated!

(Please ignore the power supply connector arrows, picture is borrowed, my arrows are red)

Attached Files

Re: PlayStation 4 SAB-001 component identification

That's not a resistor. It is a capacitor with a value of 470 nF (0.47 μF). Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jssamp View Post
      That's not a resistor. It is a capacitor with a value of 470 nF (0.47 μF). Hope that helps.
      That doesn't seem right, I managed to get my hands on 2 of those boards, both of them had this component testing at around 10.1kOhms, I was not able to detect any capacitance whatsoever. Also the pitch black package gives it away as a resistor.

Comment

Perhaps I tested the wrong component. I thought I was checking the one you pointed too. Unfortunately I no longer have that board to verify it.

Are you sure about the black color always is a resistor? It seems that is normal but I wonder if it is a rule.

Comment

Sometimes caps can be very dark brown/orange but this one is shiny pitch black, definitely tested as a 100% resistor. And the board was repaired using a new resistor as well.

Comment

Working...
          X