Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus fx504g +vcc_core voltage

Hi,
    Asus fx504GD, there is a discolored area near +VCC_CORE . I find two bad capacitor (circle in the pictures) in short
    one PC69 from GND to +VIN_VCC_CORE and second PC70 from GND to +5V_S5 (PU5).
    After replacement of them, the motherbord start but PL4 and PL3 and the mosfet in the area are very hot
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jasko_jacker; 05-03-2022, 08:19 AM.

Re: Asus fx504g +vcc_core voltage

Did you check PU5 and PU6 and arround them?

Comment

PQ96 reaches 92 C (PQ99 82 C) and is driven by PU5 itself however I don't know how to test it and am looking for a replacement. This is a situation that I have never seen before as the voltage of + VCC_CORE is still correct.
      I think the card has worked for a long time with this problem and it stopped working only because two capacitors shorted
      I have tested PQ96 , PQ99 and other power mosfet this is a PQ96 AON6500 result:
      VT=1.6V Cg=9.55 nF RDS= .1 ohm uf=536 mV
      from datasheet: min typ max
      VT = Gate to Source Threshold Voltage = 1 1.4 2 V
      Cg = Gate capacitance = ???
      RDS = Drain to Source On Resistance = x 0.75 0.95 ohm
      Uf = Forward Voltage of protecting diode = x 0.7 1 V
      Last edited by jasko_jacker; 05-04-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I would test PU5 resistence on all pins and compare it with PU4. Also i would test pq94,pq95 on all pins and compare it with pq97 or pq91.

Comment

I have another board that works well (it has very similar temperatures +/- 10C )and after comparing all the components and signal lines (phase1_2_3_A, ugate1_2_3_A, lgate1_2_3_A, etc) I think that the problem of high temperatures is due to a wrong design (The components only heat up when the fans go to low speed otherwise they are normal and are not covered by a heatsink ).I have read on some forums that this model has various problems concerning the + vcc_core line(mosfet and capacitor in short, etc) . Also for safety I have changed all the components except PU2 (cpu fase controller). I think there is nothing else I can do. At the end + vcc_core has a correct value and is stable even after a few hours, the mosfets are very hot but the temperatures are within the manufacturer's limits.
          Last edited by jasko_jacker; 05-06-2022, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X