MacBook Air A1466 Keyboard Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Air A1466 Keyboard Problem

Hi All., I am working on a Apple MacBook Air A1466 Board # 820-00165-A. It was in for not turning on (DEAD) & SMC getting hot. Upon mircoscopic observation, I saw a little corrosion on one of the caps near the SMC. Checked it, & it was shorted. Replaced it & all worked fine. Now what happens, the keyboard & trackpad work 100% fine in the start, I can even put in the Password & cursor moves fine untill complete boot up. Once it's in the desktop, the keyboard & trackpad give up & by itself it starts to search for bluetooth keyb & trackpad. I put in another SSD with new OS but still the same, upon chime booting keyb & trackpad work fine but when on the desktop, nothing works. Does anyone have any tips on this kind of problem. I totally lost on this. Thanks in advance,

Re: MacBook Air A1466 Keyboard Problem

hi. see if this thread helps:

https://boards.rossmanngroup.com/thr...eyboard.18423/

Comment

Thanks for the reply mon2, I will check & inform you..

Comment

Hi mon2., so in my case I replaced the 4x33ohms R4850~53 resistors & R1665, R1666 & R1667 because the were corroded a bit & relation to SPIs. But still no luck. Then I removed the battery & un-screwed the Trackpad. Checked under the microscope, no liquid spill on the trackpad, just had a six sense to replace this & see what happen, & guess what all worked like charm & normal. Did not believe that the trackpad could cause the keyb & trackpad not to work in OS??? But anyway all problem solved, thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X