Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Nitro 5 / AN515-44 - need BIOS file

Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 / AN515-44-R9GT

Hello, somebody left this laptop with soldered bios chip, I'm pretty sure the dump inside this chip is not correct (laptop is dead), and I don't have original dump.

I am asking for bios file for this model

The file I attached is what was inside bios after somebody else desoldered it
    Attached Files

Re: Acer Nitro 5 / AN515-44 - need BIOS file

Originally posted by shog View Post
    Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 / AN515-44-R9GT

Hello, somebody left this laptop with soldered bios chip, I'm pretty sure the dump inside this chip is not correct (laptop is dead), and I don't have original dump.
    I am asking for bios file for this model
    The file I attached is what was inside bios after somebody else desoldered it
    post the laptop serial number, and the motherboard part number
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      post the laptop serial number, and the motherboard part number

S/N: NHQ9GEP00C0200D0FE3400

Motherboard: FH51S LA-K181P Rev: 1.0

Comment

Also, do you know if I need to program EC chip separately on this model?

Comment

Here you go, both main and EC extracted from official latest update, according to your serial number.
          Attached Files
          I don't provide help for people using CH341A and a clip.

Comment

Thank you, I tried it, motherboard acts the same, but now I know that the problem is probably not in bios

Comment

Hi all, I am woking on an ACER Nitro 5 AN515-44-R99Q, problem is that after an update the screen went blank & NO DISPLAY at all. I removed the main & CMOS battery still no luck, no reset switch for this model. The fans are running in full speed & no display at all. But when I remove the power cord for the DC-in, I hear the chime sound that it running on battery. I checked the ram, BIOS, CPU, VCORE Voltages, all are fine according to the schematics. I am assuming its just the BIOS problem. If some can re-build the Original BIN files I have attached. The serial number for this ACER model is NHQ9GAA00111907CCC3400 SNID:11903194834 (MFG Date: 2021/05/12)... Thanks in advance
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mferna14; 09-24-2022, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                Hi all, I am woking on an ACER Nitro 5 AN515-44-R99Q, problem is that after an update the screen went blank & NO DISPLAY at all. I removed the main & CMOS battery still no luck, no reset switch for this model. The fans are running in full speed & no display at all. But when I remove the power cord for the DC-in, I hear the chime sound that it running on battery. I checked the ram, BIOS, CPU, VCORE Voltages, all are fine according to the schematics. I am assuming its just the BIOS problem. If some can re-build the Original BIN files I have attached. The serial number for this ACER model is NHQ9GAA00111907CCC3400 SNID:11903194834 (MFG Date: 2021/05/12)... Thanks in advance
                have you tried post #5...
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Yes, tried the BIN files in post # 5, does not work, (same blank screen & fan runs fast).. Do you think that something else might have gone wrong with the motherboard??

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                    Yes, tried the BIN files in post # 5, does not work, (same blank screen & fan runs fast).. Do you think that something else might have gone wrong with the motherboard??
                    Try another bios chip,your backup is very corrupt.You didn`t use a clip to make the backup did you
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Actually the programmer could not pick up the correct BIOS Name & it actually number. So I picked up a generic number. For this model, ACER used a XMC BIOS 25QU128BH1Q. So I used a closet to this model. I think this is a 1.8V BIOS., pls. correct me if I am wrong & which one should I choose, thanks?

Comment

Original chip is working on 3.3V and you have selected one that works on 1.8V. Google the chips before selecting.
                        Attached Files
                        I don't provide help for people using CH341A and a clip.

Comment

In my case ACER used this chip XM25QU128B which works from 1.65V~1.95V. I even checked the working voltage of this BIOS chip on the motherboard when I turned the MB on, VCC on pin 8 is full 1.82V, schematic even shows 1.8V. The PDF information on this BIOS is "128MB 1.8V SERIAL FLASH MEMORY WITH 133MHZ MULTI I/O SPI & QUAD I/O QPI DTR INTERFACE".... But the problem was that I could not find this series XM25QU128B in the listing. Please inform me what to select to get the Original BIOS read correctly. Thanks

Comment

SMDFlea., Now, hopefully I have uploaded the BIOS & have read it well with the right Chip number. Can you please check it & modify or re-build the BIOS Bin file. This BIOS chip XM25QU128B is 1.8V BIOS & it read well with 1.8V selected as it operating voltage. The serial number for this ACER model is NHQ9GAA00111907CCC3400 SNID:11903194834 (MFG Date: 2021/05/12). Appreciate your help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X