Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laptop mouse suggestions

Originally posted by domas View Post
    what about M325. It is small though, only two extra buttons on scrollwheel.You have to push it left or right for back and forward, respectively by default config. (sometimes i would actually push back/fwd instead of middle mouse button, can be annoying)

Love mine, runs like charm for 2 years already, no annoying red laser light (hate those), very nice build quality, got one of those for my gf, had defective nano receiver, ghetto-fixed it. Both mine and her were actually genuine products from dx.com. 25-28 usd, IIRC. Manufacturer reports 18 months of time on battery, which is actually right. I use it a lot.

I wasn't sure what did you mean with 4-5 buttons, 4-5 extra buttons, or 4-5 buttons in all? If extra, then my suggestion is useless.

I meant the usual two plus a scroll wheel plus 2 additional buttons... I don't buy from dealextreme... they sell fake caps, so I don't want to support them.

Originally posted by goontron View Post
    had this since it came with my (now discontued) Logitech wave 2.4 keyboard mouse pair, still works a charm. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-1100-...ref=pd_sim_e_7
    Maybe... I'll look into it later.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

the reciver on my Logitech set is the size of a sandisk cruzer if that gives you any idea ....
      Are you sure? Those drives are huge. I had to get an extension cable for mine.

Comment

my wireless mouse sucks range is short the usb receiver is like 3ft in line of sight to my computer... microsoft wireless mouse 1000

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
          my wireless mouse sucks range is short the usb receiver is like 3ft in line of sight to my computer... microsoft wireless mouse 1000
          what do you expect? its not like its from a real hardware MFG, its from a software MFG.

Originally posted by lti
          Are you sure? Those drives are huge. I had to get an extension cable for mine.
          pics don't lie
          Attached Files
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Yup, same as mine goontron.
            Well.... almost! Mine looks newer and doesn't say "wave" on it. *waves at receiver*
            BTW, nice pile of stuff on the floor... somewhat resembles my office. A true nerd!

RD, The new unifying receivers are eensy weensy though.
            So small, you just plug them into a lapdog and leave them.
            Even surviving a lapdog bag. HEHE

Shovenose, my couch mouse has a range of at least 10-12ft. using the unifying receiver, so does my other newer mouse that I mentioned, m310 IIRC. Haven't tested the range of the LX8. Read the end of my review post, MS mice are horrid! In all fairness, the corded red led optical ones were great back in the day! Aaahh, the good old days!

*Sorry for no quotes, too big of a pain on my phone. Read, time suck! Editing, deleting, multi-quoting... UGH! :/
            Last edited by y_not; 10-31-2013, 12:14 AM.
            How to properly apply thermal grease - Y_not's way.

Comment

Originally posted by y_not View Post
              Well.... almost! Mine looks newer and doesn't say "wave" on it. *waves at receiver*
              BTW, nice pile of stuff on the floor... somewhat resembles my office. A true nerd!

Shovenose, my couch mouse has a range of at least 10-12ft. using the unifying receiver, so does my other newer mouse that I mentioned, m310 IIRC. Haven't tested the range of the LX8. Read the end of my review post, MS mice are horrid! In all fairness, the corded red led optical ones were great back in the day! Aaahh, the good old days!

*Sorry for no quotes, too big of a pain on my phone. Read, time suck! Editing, deleting, multi-quoting... UGH! :/
              lapdog!?!?

yay, cords and an old arcon in taredown
              Last edited by goontron; 10-31-2013, 12:24 AM.
              Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

I have no problem with the unifying recivers... it's the big ones that give me issues.

Even the corded optical MS mice were trouble... I used to have a bunch of 5 button ones... the USB cables were crap and they kept dying... the sensors would slowly stop tracking... they had junky "wincap" branded caps in them, I never investigated that as a cause of the deaths, but it wasn't dirty sensors at least... Heck, I used to use those with EVERYTHING. Sadly, I gutted all my dead ones for microswitches...
                sigpic

Comment

lapdog!?!?
                  Perhaps creative spelling auto-correct on his phone.

Comment

One mouse and that's a Logitech Performance MX. Good battery life, accurate as fuck and can work on any surface, very good for gaming and range is pretty damn decent too. Priced about $80-90, but it will last at least a good 4 years before it wears out and you've dropped/slammed it a dozen times and the battery finally bites the dust.

I love it and it's very comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Professor View Post
                      One mouse and that's a Logitech Performance MX. Good battery life, accurate as fuck and can work on any surface, very good for gaming and range is pretty damn decent too. Priced about $80-90, but it will last at least a good 4 years before it wears out and you've dropped/slammed it a dozen times and the battery finally bites the dust.

and then it will keep going off of regular AA.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

lapdog!?!?
                        Originally posted by shadow View Post
                        Perhaps creative spelling auto-correct on his phone.
                        Nope, not a typo, or a cause and effect of that pesky auto correct.... it's just a joke. I heard this waaayyy back in the day on DALNET/EFNET on IRC, like late 90's IIRC.
                        They were calling laptops, "lapdogs". HAHA
                        Probably because they get so toasty, who knows!

Maybe they got it from the Angelina Jolie film "Hackers", but I don't remember it being in there, just: "Did your mom buy you a puter for Christmas?". LOL
                        Interestingly enough, I did find this: http://www.geek.com/hwswrev/hardware...pdog/index.htm

Comment

One mouse and that's a Logitech Performance MX. Good battery life, accurate as **** and can work on any surface, very good for gaming and range is pretty damn decent too. Priced about $80-90, but it will last at least a good 4 years before it wears out and you've dropped/slammed it a dozen times and the battery finally bites the dust.

WOW!! Somebody's hard on a mouse!! LOL
                          Only 4 years? Mine is nearly 5 years old and still works a treat, but, then again, I don't play catch with it.

Comment

It's got one of those hyperspin wheels... I'll pass. For minecraft at least, anything not clicky will be a pain.
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought that the 'hyperspin' can be switched on and off using the mechanical button under the scroll wheel. Change between indented scrolling and continuous scrolling.

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                                It's got one of those hyperspin wheels... I'll pass. For minecraft at least, anything not clicky will be a pain.
                                Realy? I dont have issues with that in mincraft

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Realy? I dont have issues with that in mincraft
                                  Didn't know it could be made clicky... the issue is with hotbar scrolling if there isn't a detent.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
                                    I thought that the 'hyperspin' can be switched on and off using the mechanical button under the scroll wheel. Change between indented scrolling and continuous scrolling.
                                    It can, my couch mouse is this way. It becomes quite "clicky", I hate it in "click mode", I find it much, much faster to use and far more efficient in hyper scroll made.

RD, why don't you like the hyper scroll mode, ie. what are you referring to with "hotbar scrolling"?
                                    I know many UI elements and their respective names, this one is not coming to mind.

Edit: Aaahh, you must be referring to a UI element in Minecraft, huh? Inventory?
                                    I was thinking OS, not gaming. HAHA Please explain further.
                                    Last edited by y_not; 11-01-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

It can, my couch mouse is this way. It becomes quite "clicky", I hate it in "click mode", I find it much, much faster to use and far more efficient in hyper scroll made.

RD, why don't you like the hyper scroll mode, ie. what are you referring to with "hotbar scrolling"?
                                      I know many UI elements and their respective names, this one is not coming to mind.

Edit: Aaahh, you must be referring to a UI element in Minecraft, huh? Inventory?
                                      I was thinking OS, not gaming. HAHA Please explain further.
                                      The issue is that without a hard click, the hotbar of the inventory is hard to use (read: frequent overshooting). This is a common gaming issue, as a lot of FPS games use the scroll wheel to change weapons... With a hard click, overshooting isn't an issue. Without it, it's a pain (the smooth wheel of my microshaft mouse is like that, I hate it).
                                      sigpic

Comment

Makes sense! You should go check newegg, see what's in your price range, then narrow down the specs from there on Logitech's site. It'll say what type of wheel it is and if it's dual purpose or not. I think they all are though, least with Logitech.
                                        They have an OEM pg. too, it has more models and such that aren't otherwise listed.

Comment

Ended up getting an M705 refurbed from newegg for $20 on ebay... so far so good.
                                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X