Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It8528e kbc Inspiron 15-7547 (MB DA0AM6MB8F1 Rev F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It8528e kbc Inspiron 15-7547 (MB DA0AM6MB8F1 Rev F)

Hi all., I am working on a Dell Inspiron 15-7547 (MB DA0AM6MB8F1 Rev F). The problem is with the keyboard. Some keys on the keyboard are not working. Replaced with a brand new known good keyboard, still the same, excatly the same array is not working. The KBC controller on this board is IT8528E. My question is, I have checked many forums & they say that this chip does not need programming. Is this ture & if not how will I program it???? Thanks in advance if someone can give me some answers.

Re: It8528e kbc

Hello, IT8528E is not programmable. If you see in the diagram of the board on page 41, U18 is the EC programming chip, that is, the IT8528E programming is external. It is always a good idea to use a keyboard test to see if the problem is really there. You can check or change the keyboard connector on the motherboard and test the tracks between the connector and the respective pins on the EC, if there is continuity between them.

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply "master7". I thought it was programmable. As I told you before that I put in a brand new keyboard & the same keys not working. Now its night in Canada I cannot tell you surely which keys are not working but its the array of "P" "O" & more which I am sure are not working. I will surely check the continuity tomorrow & see whether all track are working or not. But can you confirm whether this IO Chip IT8528E controls the Keyboard?? Thanks
      Last edited by mferna14; 04-18-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Yes, the IO chip controls the keyboard and its not programmable. Go by the suggestions of @master7 and do check continuity between kbd connector and io chip. Check for any corrosion on tiny filter caps near kbd connector.

Comment

Thank you very much for your suggestion "mcplslg123". Really appreciate!!! Is there any diagram to show which circuit lines controls what keys array on the keyboard?

Comment

hello from Windsor. pls see attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi "Mon2" you guys are really GREAT... I have this photo & I know about this matrix... but I wanted to know the arrays MY1 ~ MY8, what keys on the keyboard do they control??? Thank you very much

Comment

& one more thing should I just purchase a new IT8528E KBC Chip (NO NEED TO PROGRAM) & solder the new one on the board. Will it work fine. (This I will do after I check all continuity between kbd connector and io chip)

Comment

Yes, it will work as long as there is no other issues.

Comment

Thanks "mcplslg123" really appreciate... I checked all the all line for continuity between kbd connector and io chip, 100% ok. All these Keyb array lines & going to this IO contr'l. There are no other issue with the notebook except the few aplhabets on the keyboard are not working. I have ordered th chip, mine was IT8528E FXA (year 1414). Hopefully will get it soon & will surely report the progress. Thanks

Comment

Make sure to match the suffix FXA. Its important.

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                        Thanks "mcplslg123" really appreciate... I checked all the all line for continuity between kbd connector and io chip, 100% ok. All these Keyb array lines & going to this IO contr'l. There are no other issue with the notebook except the few aplhabets on the keyboard are not working. I have ordered th chip, mine was IT8528E FXA (year 1414). Hopefully will get it soon & will surely report the progress. Thanks
                        Hai.. How was the progress, then.. Are you made it, solved the problem by replacing the KBC with the new one as is ?

Comment

Re: It8528e kbc Inspiron 15-7547 (MB DA0AM6MB8F1 Rev F)

Yes, all worked & all keys worked too...

Comment

Nice fortune, then.
                            Me not that luck by the way.
                            I have replaced Yoga 300-11ibr with new IT8528 but not solved the problem still.
                            Keyboard not working at all, even on Bios state.

Anyone have idea ?

Comment

You didn't mention whether you have already replaced the keyboard or not.
                              FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

No need to replace the Keyboard, It was the I/O chip which was defective. Replaced it with a new one & all worked fine.

Comment

Yeah I know, I'm not talking to you but to ivan76.
                                  FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post

Yeah I know, I'm not talking to you but to ivan76.
                                    Ah.. thanks for mentioned me.
                                    Even this has been couple years, but I Still didn't solved this mistery. LoL
                                    Yes I have already replace with new Keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                                    X