ASUS GL504GM - no 3.3/5V, bad charger ic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS GL504GM - no 3.3/5V, bad charger ic

Hello. Have this ASUS GL504GM, that have bad charger ic and give 19V to battery. after change battery voltage goes fine, have VIN, but no 3.3/5V. I dont have schematic an there is so many coils tht i cannot find coils fot it. I found ine IC that can be 3.3/5V ic but dont find its datasheet.

can somebody found me what ic it is?

mark on ic is KA=4A G2H

Re: ASUS GL504GM - no 3.3/5V, bad charger ic

RT6226A

See attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Probably not, what you are looking for. Usually It isn't that hard to find the right Controller or Maybe two of them in Case of Silergy solution (for example). And you're experienced Afaik.

Clear pictures of both Sides of the MB?
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

The charger ic is marked with KA=4A.

This is Richtek RT6226A. See the markings legend on the first page of the posted datasheet.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
          The charger ic is marked with KA=4A.

This is Richtek RT6226A. See the markings legend on the first page of the posted datasheet.
          Some richtek parts can have the same marking code but in a different package and pin count (as sepiroth said) , or even a different package with the same number of pins.

KA= RT6226AGQUF UQFN-12HL 3x3 https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...8f87b97082.pdf

KA= RT8819AGQW WQFN-24 4X4 (GL502VM boardview)

Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-19-2021, 04:49 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

In my opinion this is neither a Charging IC nor 3V/5V Controller.

EDIT: So the wrong Datasheet was shared before. Didn't checked that. This explains a lot
            Last edited by Sephir0th; 09-19-2021, 05:03 AM.
            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Here is photo.
              Attached Files

Comment

Make a list of all the QFN IC`s ,on the other side of the board too ,then google each part number,find the datasheets. Take some pictures of the board nd mark the IC`s .
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes, that ic was not 5/3.3 ic. i found TI51285A, but it dont get EN signals. REG signals is ok. looks like SIO it8225 make it. have anybody some schematic with this IC to compare it?
                  Last edited by ktmmotocross; 09-21-2021, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                    Yes, that ic was not 5/3.3 ic. i found TI51285A, but it dont get EN signals. REG signals is ok. looks like SIO it8225 make it. have anybody some schematic with this IC to compare it?
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1042958

Comment

it is BGA ic so i cannot find pin trace to measure it. but i have 0.0V no short on SDA and SCL pins of charger ic bq24780s

Comment

This is used on an asus gl704gm and gl504 also with KA-5G marking and is used to provide voltage to GPU or VRAM.
                        Datasheet not available on the Richtek marking pdf there is a KA but the pins not match

Comment

Working...
                        X