Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philips 55 oled 745 /12 3 blinks

Hi this tv was fine until the owner moved to another address,
    it comes on in sby with 3 blinks and psu wont start up .
    tried a power on reset by holding down power on button on rear of tv and applying mains no luck
    first inspected for damage dry joints or loose foils no joy
    checked psu volts ,the 12v and 24v supplies should be switched on by the main board no volts
    i read on the net that the micro on some later philips may need a reflow ,removed psu checked all caps with esr meter all ok
    removed main board
    and heatsink on micro
    heated to 300 deg for 2 mins with solder station ,
    let it cool and no change
    anyone had experience on these oled philips ?
    Attached Files

Re: philips 55 oled 745 /12 3 blinks

Originally posted by jimbofz View Post
    Hi this tv was fine until the owner moved to another address,
    it comes on in sby with 3 blinks and psu wont start up .
    from what you wrote.. it sounds the issue caused by transport.
    1- check the LEDs Ambilight if one broken ( damage )
    2- check if there visible damage on the panel module corners
    3- need to run the OLED Module as stand alone to clear there are no damage caused by transport.

post please focused picture of the powerboards print label near to the Yellow sockets or listed over here what do you have at standby and when u turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      from what you wrote.. it sounds the issue caused by transport.
      1- check the LEDs Ambilight if one broken ( damage )
      2- check if there visible damage on the panel module corners
      3- need to run the OLED Module as stand alone to clear there are no damage caused by transport.

post please focused picture of the powerboards print label near to the Yellow sockets or listed over here what do you have at standby and when u turn on.
      i didnt see any damage to casing or pcb boards
      this is the first oled philips i have looked at,when i removed the rear cover,i unplugged the amberlight to gain access ,should the tv work with amberlight unplugged?

Comment

i didnt see any damage to casing or pcb boards
        this is the first oled philips i have looked at,when i removed the rear cover,i unplugged the amberlight to gain access ,should the tv work with amberlight unplugged?
        YES & NO depend on Operating System ( Android or native Linux ) & the Amerlight Setting if they was set to start at TV booting or not ( at service menu )

Comment

heres the pics
          Attached Files

Comment

remove the 24V socket between the PSU & T-con by unplug it from the T-CON side then test to turn on. give attention to the display if there will be horizontal line move from top to down

Comment

remove the 24V socket between the PSU & T-con by unplug it from the T-CON side then test to turn on. give attention to the display if there will be horizontal line move from top to down
              tried that sadly fault still same.
              i checked with the owner they only have the amerlight on when they choose ,so it wouldnt be on all the time.
              one thing i dont understand is where is the feed for the main backlights ?
              theres no sign of cables running through to feed the backlights
              surely these oled designs must still have a feed for backlights ,
              or am i missing something?

Comment

OLED doesn't have any backlight.. the color cells are LED which driven by the 24V from T-CON driver section.

if you had the 24V disconnected and same error.. then you have issue at the Mainboards.

Comment

OLED doesn't have any backlight.. the color cells are LED which driven by the 24V from T-CON driver section.

if you had the 24V disconnected and same error.. then you have issue at the Mainboards.
                  thankyou .
                  as i mentioned in my first post someone posted main board problem
                  that for him it was fixed with a reflow using solder station .
                  i will remove main board and check all caps with esr meter
                  then i will try a reflow again

Comment

thankyou .
                    as i mentioned in my first post someone posted main board problem
                    that for him it was fixed with a reflow using solder station .
                    i will remove main board and check all caps with esr meter
                    then i will try a reflow again
                    but before go to mainboards .. you need first to test the PSU first to turn it on with out mainboards ( stand alone ) to see if all 12 & 24V stable and remain stable

Comment

thanks normally i would find the sby 3.3v supply
                      and link it to p/s on off
                      and panel on/off
                      via 100 ohm resistor
                      but theres only voltage in sby on 12v pin
                      can you advise best way to test psu (stand alone)

Comment

thanks normally i would find the sby 3.3v supply
                        and link it to p/s on off
                        and panel on/off
                        via 100 ohm resistor
                        but theres only voltage in sby on 12v pin
                        can you advise best way to test psu (stand alone)
                        hold on. i am little confused with yours V reading

9.5V STB goes High to 12V when the mainboards send 3.1V to PSU (on pin PS/ON) this is Okay.

24V = 12V after PSU ON as you write its 12V at STB !!!!!??? some things wrong.

Panel ON =5V .. did you check the other socket which it goes to T-CON if there 24V ????

T-CON ON = 0 so no signal from MB to turn on the 12V to T-CON ( at same socket of 24V to panel )

i think there are error at measurements.. or Typo

Comment

i know its confusing
                          but there are two plugs on psu
                          on one plug should be 24v and 12v supplies ,
                          now when in sby theres no volts at all on these pins so no 12v or 24v on this plug

now the top plug has two rows of 8 connections
                          six (which are marked on board as 12v )they provide 9.5v in sby mode
                          the two pins marked 24v on board produce 12v when in sby

Now when using remote ,you get 3 blinks ,when its blinking these voltages change
                          as shown in pic .
                          the panel on/off pin only produces volts when its blinking
                          this is what i dont understand,as normally the sby volts is present in sby

Comment

i know its confusing
                            but there are two plugs on psu
                            on one plug should be 24v and 12v supplies ,
                            now when in sby theres no volts at all on these pins so no 12v or 24v on this plug

now the top plug has two rows of 8 connections
                            six (which are marked on board as 12v )they provide 9.5v in sby mode
                            the two pins marked 24v on board produce 12v when in sby

Now when using remote ,you get 3 blinks ,when its blinking these voltages change
                            as shown in pic .
                            the panel on/off pin only produces volts when its blinking
                            this is what i dont understand,as normally the sby volts is present in sby
                            my question still with out answer... this pin i remarked with bold did the 24 line provide 24V when power on?? if not then you have issue on PSU

Comment

to clear it for you in simple words

9.5V are STB V. when main boards turn on this 9.5V will boost high to 12V and the 24V line on same socket will boost 24V-

then mainboards will send T-con ON ( now the 12V on the other socket ) you have no signal as 0 now

then main boards will send signal to panel on ( this will boost 24V on the other sockets.

you can slide out the 2 cable t-con/ON and panel/ ON from the socket at the PSU. and make 2 jumper between PS/ON ( 3.1V) to pins t-con/on and panel/on. turn on and see if you have 24V & 12V on the other socket.

Comment

to clear it for you in simple words

9.5V are STB V. when main boards turn on this 9.5V will boost high to 12V and the 24V line on same socket will boost 24V-

then mainboards will send T-con ON ( now the 12V on the other socket ) you have no signal as 0 now

then main boards will send signal to panel on ( this will boost 24V on the other sockets.

you can slide out the 2 cable t-con/ON and panel/ ON from the socket at the PSU. and make 2 jumper between PS/ON ( 3.1V) to pins t-con/on and panel/on. turn on and see if you have 24V & 12V on the other socket.
                                thank you ,you are a very patient man
                                i now understand how it should opperate .i will give it a try

Comment

well the 12v and 24v supplies came up thats the good news

the bad news
                                  is it looks to me to be a damaged panel
                                  ,i get a vertical white stripe with coloured lines on left side of screen approx 4cm wide and about 6cm from edge of panel,
                                  the rest of panel stays dark
                                  ive posted pics
                                  i only have a few seconds to focus camera before tv shuts down
                                  but its the coloured lines that make me think its the panel
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by jimbofz; 02-16-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

put back the cable you slide out in place .. just disconnect the 2 sockets on the T-CON 12V & 24V then turn on.. see the mainboards remain on

Comment

i removed links and refitted the 2 connections to the plug
                                      then removed as you advised
                                      back to just 3 blinks

Comment

i removed links and refitted the 2 connections to the plug
                                        then removed as you advised
                                        back to just 3 blinks
                                        when you did the first test with jumpers, did you have on the same socket 24V?
                                        remember you wrote before it read 12 !!!

the pins on the sockets labeled +24V_A
                                        Last edited by Diah; 02-16-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X