Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-47V5100

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    Ok, didn't see post 8, what do you get if you have cable from powerboard to mainboard unhooked and plug ac into powerboard? Did you try the update with a different thumb drive? before anyone says it's a sony not a samsung, just don't.
    I will try both of those this afternoon.

Comment

If I unplug the power to the mainboard, the lcd backlights don’t come on at all.
      I tried a different flash drive with the firmware update. The led on the flash drive flashes for a bit as if it’s being read but since there is nothing on screen, I can’t follow the prompts to update it

Comment

Read the install instructions on the link to sony site, you must follow install instructions exactly as stated, it's a self install no interaction required.

Comment

If I recall it will blink with 2 colors during update then change color and stop blinking when/if install is done and successful then turn tv off and unplug thumb drive might take 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Read the install instructions on the link to sony site, you must follow install instructions exactly as stated, it's a self install no interaction required.
            I saw that. I left the usb stick on for about 10 minutes and power cycled it.

Now the front red standby led is off and so is the pic off/timer led.
            Now I have a green power led lit up but still no picture. Also the backlights stay on indefinitely.
            Still no response from the side buttons.

Comment

I had the solid green light and the update worked, been fine ever since, maybe try it again since you have the green light now.

Comment

Maybe check your voltages on powerboard connector again, see if anything changed.

Comment

Try the unhook cable from powerboard to mainboard again, plug ac into powerboard, see if it's different now.

Comment

I’ve tried everything suggested. Now it sometimes turns on and off using a Sony universal remote I had and by the side buttons. Sometimes it doesn’t.
                    Sometimes it turns on and the backlights stay on, if I plug the coaxial cable or an hdmi from my roku in, it starts cycling the backlights every 10 seconds. Sometimes it doesn’t.

I give up. A new mainboard on eBay is more than I can get for the tv.
                    Also
                    The mainboard that is in it has a different number than on shopjimmy. On shopjimmy it ends in -11. Mine ends in -13.

Comment

Does it turn on enough to do a factory reset?

Comment

What is the panel sticker numbers?

Comment

You may be on to something, someone might have put the wrong board in there, not sure if 11 and 13 will interchange.

Comment

Nothing ever shows on the screen. I can't do a factory reset.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Malachi; 01-22-2020, 05:59 PM.

Comment

What is the panel sticker numbers? And service code on back cover and first 8 letters of serial number?

Comment

The panel sticker is in my previous post. That's all I could find.
                                Attached Files

Comment

The mainboard that is in it has a different number than on shopjimmy
                                  that is what i thought since the first posts, someone tried replacing mainboard with a different version, if you get a cheap programmer and first find a dump of the serial eprom for the correct model on the web you can put it in and you'll probably end with a perfect working set.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                    that is what i thought since the first posts, someone tried replacing mainboard with a different version, if you get a cheap programmer and first find a dump of the serial eprom for the correct model on the web you can put it in and you'll probably end with a perfect working set.
                                    Way above my pay grade.

Comment

Mainboard number.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

This worked for some but who knows:

I've had this problem twice. Here's how I solved it. Turn TV on, as soon as BRAVIA goes off the screen, count a second or two and then quickly change channel. Up or down doesn't matter. Don't just do it once either to be sure press channel up or down multiple times. Timing is key. I don't have cable so this happened to me while surfing through the digital channels. I came across a channel that showed on screen for a second and then this problem happened. Anyways , good luck!

Comment

Nothing ever comes on the screen.

Comment

Working...
                                          X