Samsung ue49k6300ak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ue49k6300ak

Hi all I have a problem with a UE49k6300ak curve it has audio but no picture.

BN41-02534B

I have checked all voltages they seem to be present tv switches on backlights are on and when connected to a source has sound.
    I have replaced the T-con board to no avail, I am thinking the actual main board could be the problem.

The main board is producing quite a lot of heat is it possible the main chip has lost contact with the board much like graphics cards.

Also noticed that can't seem to put tv in standby by the power button only by remote.

much appreciated for any advice.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by oxonater; 06-28-2018, 02:58 PM. Reason: adding info

Re: Samsung ue49k6300ak

Also the display can be faulty, disconnect one of both cables between the t-con and display . Connect the TV to the mains and see what picture you get, after that switch disconnect the other cable and connect the one you disconnected and see what picture you get.

Comment

Thanks for your response

I have tried this as a way of testing for a faulty panel but still back lights on black screen.
      This is so weird TVs was working fine then we had a power cut, then on switching set back on when power was restored this happened.

Think something on main board has gone pop, and the power button doesn't seem to behave in the way it did previously.
      Have to hold it down for an eternity to get it into standby, were as the remote just works instantly.

The tcon board has a blue led which is constantly illuminated when switched on but there seems to be another led opposite which never comes on trying to find out what this indicates.👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Comment

Ok so it appears this TV set caused the power outage basically tripped the RCD in my house.

So not sure now if it is the main board or something on power board maybe a dodgy diode.

Comment

Can you post pictures of your boards and also what voltage readings you have taken along with their designated pin number and names. Perhaps with that information someone may be able to offer further help.

If it tripped your RCD then I would be suspecting a power supply fault.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Hi here are the voltages from the PSU connector CNM803

1 NC =0
            2 OD_ON/OFF =3.15V
            3 A13V =12.69V
            4 OD/UD =0.1V
            5 A13V =12.69V
            6 Blu_Pwm =3.29V
            7 A13V =12.69V
            8 Ps_ON/OFF = 3.29V
            9 A13V =12.69V
            10 GND
            11 GND
            12 GND

STBY 7.5V = 9.3V
            ON 11.8V = 12.69V

Whilst this Tv did trip my RCD it has now been stable however still no picture but has sound. And the tv/backlights will blink when changing inputs/channels and make the beeping noise.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
            Attached Files

Comment

If the backlights are on and staying on but no picture and you have changed the Tcon and also with the power supply readings given looking good (not sure what OD/UD is) then it is looking very much like a main board fault.

Where do the red, black, yellow, black wires go?
              Last edited by dick_barton; 07-02-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Where do the red, black, yellow, black wires go?

looks like the audio output section.
                Last edited by attainteddragon; 07-02-2018, 05:49 PM.
                WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Thanks for the responses, the coloured wires go to the speakers.

I also am not sure what OD/UD is, is there anyway to test the mainboard.
                  Looking through this forum I cannot see anyone else with this issue and where to start pinpointing a problem.

Comment

Hi so after getting another Tcon and mainboard this tv is still not playing ball.

My question is will the panel be shot or is it something to do with the SMD chips on the boards that connect to panel.

I have looked at the tab bonds and they look clean no dirt or but don't suppose you could visibly see any problems.

So seems to be a shot panel unless anyone else has any input then think ready for BIN!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THROWING THINGS AWAY

Comment

Can you post a photo showing how all the circuit boards connect to each other.

Comment

Hi yes here is a couple of photos not sure how clear they are:-

Also included pics of the panel boards which connect to T-con

thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Where does the thinner black cable from the mainboard go? Is it to an ethernet card. If so it may be worth disconnecting it and seeing if the picture will come up.

Comment

Hi yes already tried that its for the WIFI module, saw tampatec (you tube guy) had an issue with this on a different brand.

Did reset tv by the button config method but just hear the sound still no display.

Is there anyway to test the boards that connect to panel as I have tried the method of disconnecting these to see if either side produce half a picture still nothing.

Its getting to the point of throwing it (OH THE PAIN OF THOSE WORDS)

Thanks

Comment

What is the panel number as given on the sticker. Are you 100% certain that the backlights are on and can be seen from the rear of the lcd panel? Do you have full control with the remote ie volume up/down, change source, power on/off?
                              Last edited by dick_barton; 07-13-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

The symptoms I have read here are Backlights ON, Audio ON, Dark screen. Main Bd and T-CON Bd was replaced with hopefully working boards. then this points to a bad Panel. Did you try removing one side of the FFC from T-CON Bd to Panel and then the other side to see if there was any picture at all??

Comment

Hi guys yes 100% all backlights are on just displays a lit black screen if this makes any sense.

With regards to testing the panel boards I have tried this, disconnecting each side individually made no difference.

And on some of the threads on this forum people tried this method and had some good results however not in my case.

Not sure if it is the actual panel or something silly like SMD ic on the panel boards.

To think this TV was working fine then tripped my electrics and on switching everything back on tv did this.

Thanks for the input looks like a trip to the dump is on the cards
                                  Attached Files

Comment

you should try checking smd components on the edge boards near where the tcon to panel / edge boards are connected. Further, at the edge boards, there should be some places where voltages are coming from the tcon (15v or so depending on the panel).... see if you can find such voltage.

further, although most panels display a white screen when the cables are disconnected, some don't as designed. However, those that do... if there is a significant panel / cabling issue at the lower tabs, there are large black areas in cases that I have seen. This to me indicates that the panel is seeing voltage (ie. charge) but no path (thru resistance / capacitance) to "bleeding off" hence the panel section remains black.
                                    Last edited by budwich; 07-15-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Hi guys well I have put back together at mo as misses giving me stick over having it apart in our bedroom oh dear.

I have post a pic of the actual screen when on looks a lot like backlight bleed has a blue washed out look thanks for your help
                                      Attached Files

Comment

did you check the fuse / any fuses on the tcon? (on both boards) I guess since the tv is "canned back up", your testing will be limited. You likely need to check for voltages at the edge boards to see if they are getting there. There are some smd components in around those areas that you should check with a meter to see if they are OK.

Lastly, you checked voltages at PSB but did you also check voltages at the main board to see if they made it there and further that they appear at some of the points in the card.
                                        Last edited by budwich; 07-17-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X