Canon i860 PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon i860 PSU

I have here a Canon i860 printer where everything upon inspection seems to be good, the printer has been lightly used, but there is a problem. It won't turn on. The symptom is that when it is pluged into the wall and the power button is pushed, nothing happens. I tried with other proven working power cords.

I removed the modular power supply from the back and cracked it open by dremelling slits in the proprietary screws. Here is what it looks like:

I'll also attach it for the sake of forum archiving.

Now the primary cap is a Rubycon "SXW" 200v 150uF and the tiny one (What I'm assuming is a starter cap) is a Nichicon "PJ" 50V 4.7uF. the two secondaries are 1 large Rubycon "ZL" 35V 680uF and the smaller one is a UCC "LXJ" 35V 330uF. (This is why I love Canon, unlike Nazi Lexmark and Epson they use quality Japanese parts).

Now assuming the caps are ok (Because I can't test them), is there a picofuse of some sort on this PCB which I can check for continuity? If not, should I open the printer up and look for it there? What else can I check?
    Attached Files
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Re: Canon i860 PSU

have you checked the diodes and stuff?? tried to meter the output from this board?? the transistor??
    We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

I see the Panasonic [M] logo on the right - was this PSU made by Panasonic? 0.o
      Looks very nice and clean.

Anyways, are there any components on the other side of the PCB - perhaps a SMT transistor or IC somewhere on the primary side? By design, I'm guessing it's similar to 5vsb circuits you'd see in PC power supplies - i.e., PSU is likely always on. If there's only output wires (no PS-ON signal), plug it in and check the voltage on the output(s).

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        I see the Panasonic [M] logo on the right - was this PSU made by Panasonic? 0.o
        Looks very nice and clean.
        good eye. i would never hav noticed that

Comment

Working...
        X