Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell 5280, broken BIOS (boots only into bios recovery) with password.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 5280, broken BIOS (boots only into bios recovery) with password.

Hello,

I have Dell Latitude 5280, device blinks BIOS recovery error. If booted with proper pendrive, boots into recovery but asks for admin password.

Serial is GCDFLH2, since I don't get usual prompt I don't know the "suffix". From dump I assume it is -2A7B. However using password from generator on recovery prompt doesn't seem to work for me (using ctrl+enter for input).

I attached the image, UEFItool definitely complains about checksum issues. Maybe someone is able to fix the image or at least remove the password?
    Attached Files

Re: Dell 5280, broken BIOS (boots only into bios recovery) with password.

Originally posted by kitor View Post
    Hello,

I have Dell Latitude 5280, device blinks BIOS recovery error. If booted with proper pendrive, boots into recovery but asks for admin password.

Serial is GCDFLH2, since I don't get usual prompt I don't know the "suffix". From dump I assume it is -2A7B. However using password from generator on recovery prompt doesn't seem to work for me (using ctrl+enter for input).

I attached the image, UEFItool definitely complains about checksum issues. Maybe someone is able to fix the image or at least remove the password?
    >
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thank you, indeed this one boots and it is clean (no password).

Though it also lost all machine details - service tag (that I was able to program at first boot) and, from what I can tell - embedded windows licence key.

Is it possible to just fix the checksums somehow, without password removal? If I understand correctly then it should boot successfully in regular mode and I could use master password generator as usual.

Or maybe I am wrong, as I see SLIC table, but in original dump there was key too (starting with RNB4J). Maybe this is enough, as Win10 activated online without any issues?
      Last edited by kitor; 07-18-2022, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kitor View Post
        Thank you, indeed this one boots and it is clean (no password).

Though it also lost all machine details - service tag (that I was able to program at first boot) and, from what I can tell - embedded windows licence key.

Is it possible to just fix the checksums somehow, without password removal? If I understand correctly then it should boot successfully in regular mode and I could use master password generator as usual.

Or maybe I am wrong, as I see SLIC table, but in original dump there was key too (starting with RNB4J). Maybe this is enough, as Win10 activated online without any issues?
        Try this file
        Attached Files

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          Try this file
          Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X