Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

imac 2017 820-00609-A mising damaged components ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imac 2017 820-00609-A mising damaged components ??

I have picked up a Imac A1419 2017 with a fault of getting stuck on the apple loading screen. Will not boot to macos, bootcamp or recovery. it will allow the drive selection option but nothing else.
    I have examined the board and noticed some damaged components next to the ethernet port. Can any one identify them and could they affect the boot issue?
    I cant find a schematic or brd for this model.

the first picture is for reference and for the location on the board.
    the second shows the damaged component, it appears to have a cover and a copper coil underneath.
    and third shows a missing component, either a resistor or capacitor.

Any help appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jimbobcress; 09-18-2022, 03:54 PM.

Re: imac 2017 820-00609-A mising damaged components ??

The network card end dropped, which should have been accidentally knocked off when removing the motherboard. This will not cause this situation. In my past personal maintenance experience, I have encountered: 1. The hard disk is partially damaged, 2. The WIFI module, 3. The memory is not lit or damaged, 4. The video card is partially faulty. You can first remove and disconnect the hard disk cable, and then insert and install the Apple system USB flash disk, Check whether you can successfully access the USB disk installation interface. If you can, then you can replace a hard disk to install the system. If you can't,

Comment

Originally posted by smzlwan223 View Post
      The network card end dropped, which should have been accidentally knocked off when removing the motherboard. This will not cause this situation. In my past personal maintenance experience, I have encountered: 1. The hard disk is partially damaged, 2. The WIFI module, 3. The memory is not lit or damaged, 4. The video card is partially faulty. You can first remove and disconnect the hard disk cable, and then insert and install the Apple system USB flash disk, Check whether you can successfully access the USB disk installation interface. If you can, then you can replace a hard disk to install the system. If you can't,
      Sorry I don't understand your reply?? Have you missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbobcress View Post
        Sorry I don't understand your reply?? Have you missed something?
        did you find the solution?? I also have the same issue on me board..

Comment

Get schematic and identify the missing components. The 3rd one is a capacitor. But you also need the value.

Comment

Working...
          X