Something is knocking at Nippon Chemi-con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is knocking at Nippon Chemi-con

I am repairing the crown k2 amplifier, bad soldering of Nippon Chemi -con capacitors and found a knock in one capacitor. I checked its capacity and ESR - everything is fine, it meets the parameters. The question arose whether this capacitor will work normally?
    https://youtu.be/uFXha8aHHKc
    Attached Files

Re: Something is knocking at Nippon Chemi-con

It is hard to say, sometimes big capacitors dropped on a floor will end up shorting out.
    But in this case it looks more like it was rubbed a bit?
    If that is the case I would say it is probably fine.
    But the only way is of course to just test it long term and see how it goes.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

The condenser was very tightly glued with thermal glue to the radiator and the second condenser. When I got it, I had to rock it, and something clicked in it. I'll put everything back in place tomorrow, just so it doesn't explode. I'm unlikely to find exactly the same new one.

Comment

If you have a variable bench supply you can connect the capacitor to it and bring up the voltage slowly.
        If it is shorted you will notice the current increases sharply at rated voltage, use a low current limit...
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Yes, I connected the capacitor to the power supply and everything is fine, but the maximum voltage on this power supply is only up to 15 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by kasfamily View Post
            up to 15 volts.
            15V instead of 110 is almost nothing to show the problem

Comment

I assembled the amplifier and tested it in real conditions for 2 hours - it works fine .
              https://youtu.be/Q4w8ZMP_fK0
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kasfamily; 04-04-2022, 06:54 AM.

Comment

feeling the caps after an hour may be a good test - see if the damaged one is warmer or the same temperature

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  feeling the caps after an hour may be a good test - see if the damaged one is warmer or the same temperature
                  The temperature of the capacitor housing does not increase during the operation of the amplifier. Of course, a longer check is needed, but the owner will take care of this already.

Comment

Working...
                  X