Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Latitude E6540 LA-9411P

Problem: Turns on, no display.

I suspect BIOS but I did not find any dumps that were confirmed working.
    ME region cleaning tool did not let me pick correct ME version aswell.

Could somebody fix this dump for me?
    Or are there any other ideas what to check?
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Latitude E6540 LA-9411P

Try this bios for LA-9412p. This is tested ok. Please take note that bios for Latitude is same for all boards eg LA-9411/9412/9413.

Post result
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the information!
      Will try that soon. First I will try my own dump which I might have managed to fix.

Comment

Not sure if your bios dump was the reason but I got it posting now.
        After programming, it didn't seem to work. Did a test with D + power and Fn + power and after that, it worked.

Strange is that it takes about 25 seconds to get to the Dell logo. I'll try updating it to see if it gets fixed aswell.

Thank you for the dump!

By the way, original fault seems to be a broken HDD which did not let the computer POST for some odd reason.
        Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 08-15-2018, 02:57 AM.

Comment

I heard Nutribullets have blown up in some cases.

Anyway, back on the laptop topic.

Somehow I am unable to update bios to latest version. Doesn't matter if I do it in Windows 10, DOS or directly using BIOS utility, it just prepares the update and then restarts. Does not update.

Comment

Heres a bios to try,your backup bios was corrupt,and ive changed a few settings in the ME bios from @mcplslg123 .
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-15-2018, 06:13 AM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Will try later today. I guessed faulty ME was the cause of this slow start, am I right?

And looks like A09 and A11 BIOS versions are faulty. Unable to upgrade to newer version or just bricks laptops. Dell has removed these versions from their page aswell.

Comment

Well you are right that its me region issue. Me region is married to that particular board one you power it on, so simply copy paste dont work and thats why we need to clean that region. Getting dell logo after 25s is definitely me region issue which hopefully smdflea's updated bios with clean me will fix.

Comment

Nicely done, SMDFlea! Post time was much much faster and it allowed to update to a newer version aswell. Are there any materials online to learn about it so I can do it myself and help others aswell?

Updated BIOS to A24, next boot after POST I got an "ME invocation flow error" but that seemed to be a one time thing.

Thus far works like a charm.

Comment

"Are there any materials online to learn about it so I can do it myself and help others aswell?"

Yes,theres a guide: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...lization/31277

All credit goes to plutomaniac for the great guide, without it ,many laptop repairs would not be possible .
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 06:55 AM. Reason: edited winraid link
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you very much! Will try to learn it for sure.

Comment

Hi, i want bios dell e6540 la-9414p rev 1.0 with ec file (4mg) please help me
                        system slowly boot

Comment

Originally posted by hezareh2000 View Post
                          Hi, i want bios dell e6540 la-9414p rev 1.0 with ec file (4mg) please help me
                          system slowly boot
                          Flash BOTH files from post #6 .

Comment

thanks but main board number is la-9414p

Comment

thanks but main board number is la-9414p
                              Quote: @mcplslg Please take note that bios for Latitude is same for all boards eg LA-9411/9412/9413

We can add the la-9414p to that list. The bios is the same,there`s only 1 bios update at dell for the E6540 ,not seperate ones for each board revision .

Try the bios at post #6 or #2 .
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-27-2019, 06:52 AM.

Comment

hi i flashing bios in post#6 but show logo dell after 20 secounds and not charging,please help me.

Comment

hi i flashing bios in post#6 but show logo dell after 20 secounds and not charging,please help me.
                                  You did flash both ? ,8MB + 4MB

Comment

yes, both flash 8mg+4mg but not charging in bios adapter is unkonwed

Comment

yes, both flash 8mg+4mg but not charging in bios adapter is unkonwed
                                      Try a genuine dell adapter or another power jack, the middle pin ID is where your problem is, not the bios.

Comment

SMDflea it working this dump thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X