X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoyue 2702a+ issue

Hi guys,

today i switched on my 2702 for a rework job,
    but i noticed heating element not heating up at all.
    I changed it instantly whit the spare one included in the box,
    believing in a fried one. Switched on again, ok seems to heat up...but
    station says 100°C, and measuring with a k thermocouple i can trust, i have 230°C!
    Ok, tried to polish heating element connection, ground ok (i read about someone having weird behaviour due to false ground connection), tried again, no luck.
    After a while, throwed in the old heating element, it works too , but same problem. I think it's a base station failure, anyone involved in aoyue repair?
    I can't find a schematic for this base, maybe a voltage regulator fault.
    I read about digitl calibration for the solder stylus, but it seems it cannot be done for the heat gun.

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks,
    very good job on this forum, you guys rocks !

Re: Aoyue 2702a+ issue

I would try to contact AOYUE company they should help you.

Comment

Yes i wrote a line to them yesterday, no response at the moment. I'm going to open the base station for a visual check, without schematics it's really hard to guess the culprit.

Comment

Make sure you reconnected that tag "ground" lead on the heating element - it's part of the thermocouple!
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank for replying Tom,i checked it and it's correct.
          I opened the station and find that temperature control signal goes thru
          a DAC,and regulated by a bt137e triac. I'm thinking about a possible failure by the triac. Am i wrong? I'll check it and let you know

Comment

hello,i had the same situation with 2703 a+ and it was a resistor 5w 1,2ohm that needed to be changed.I bought the machine from germany from witec,(i live in greece) and they kept telling me for the heating element,finally i found it my self.
            Really bad service,really bad.

it is the grey big one down left.

Hope it will help you

Comment

Originally posted by tsakimak View Post
              hello,i had the same situation with 2703 a+ and it was a resistor 5w 1,2ohm that needed to be changed.I bought the machine from germany from witec,(i live in greece) and they kept telling me for the heating element,finally i found it my self.
              Really bad service,really bad.

it is the grey big one down left.

Hope it will help you
              Hi there tsakimak!
              Thank you for your reply.
              I managed to solve this problem by replacing the same resistor,and putting a new heating element.My station went to a local authorized repair center in Italy,and mine was marked Wiltec too. The only issue i found is that now the thermocouple detects temperature with a little delay (about 2-3 seconds),but it's ok because it can be the new thermocouple detecting temperature values a bit differently. By the way,i had another issue before repair on the front panel, numbers was appearing wrong and temperature raise to the maximun by itself. Guess what? I found a screw (did'nt find where it come from) walking in the panel making weird contacts.Maybe travelling from me to the dealer make it unscrew from somewhere.
              Really can't find a "empty" hole where it could come from,maybe fallen or left in during initial assembly process.
              Well, it's a little cute station for a good price. In the meanwhile,i bought a new Tornado Pro v2 infrared+ Puhui preheater. Awesome!!!
              Edit: And yes, really bad,bad service
              Last edited by nemesys79; 02-20-2013, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Well i want to share with you my support experience with Aoyue China.
                I wrote to them a few days after posting here.
                Response was:

and

Plus, the attached pdf to open/replace and check the air wand.

Well,better than nothing.I asked for a schematic,but they're not pleased to give assistence to that point.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X