New Pomona Test Leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pomona Test Leads

As discussed in the "What bench meter to buy" thread, I just got a new Fluke bench meter. It came without leads, and I'm not that happy with my Fluke 87 leads, so I bought 2 sets of Pomona 6344 leads.

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/images/large/5325A.jpg

Wow, these things are great. The plain leads themselves aren't that much different from the Flukes, a bit longer, and they seem a bit more flexible.
    But they come with some fine sharp extensions and some 'gator clip extensions, which are super.
    The fine sharp extensions are great for probing small connectors and IC pins, they're not quite like in the picture, the insulation goes right up to the tip.
    This is more accurate:
    http://media.digikey.com/Photos/Pomo...hotos/6344.JPG

Having decent 'gator clips saves me from using crappy jumper leads that always fall off and don't make good contact.
    Photos with my Fluke 8840A on the weekend.
    Last edited by smason; 02-28-2013, 10:32 PM.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Re: New Pomona Test Leads

Originally posted by smason View Post
    It came without leads, and I'm not that happy with my Fluke 87 leads, so I bought 2 sets of Pomona 6344 leads.
    The standard leads that come with most Fluke multimeters is the TL75. I think they suffice for most users.

Then I got a set of used Ponoma silicone leads and they are definitely my favourite. They don't tangle at all. I also have a set of modular Fluke silicone leads with different tips as well.

PS. Danaher owns both Fluke and Ponoma.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: New Pomona Test Leads

Originally posted by smason View Post
      Having decent 'gator clips saves me from using crappy jumper leads that always fall off and don't make good contact.
      About this subject the pleasure that I have feel with the AC72 Alligator Clip Set,
      I have not feel it with any other similar design.
      The secret is that the soft boot it is as soft as it needs to be.

Comment

Working...
      X