HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

I just did it alone, downloaded the hp unlocker (under the 1st page of the treat) and just drop my bin and it worked like a charm, thks for your help ;-)

My laptop works again

If my bin unlocked can help another one
    Attached Files
    Last edited by max67; 01-15-2020, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Good job!

Everybody should use their own dump files, otherwise there could be problems like errors, slow boot or wrong dmi information like serial number.

Comment

Hi,

short question, this tool only removes the password and does not touch anything else in the BIOS dump ?

Best,
        hallo51

Comment

Originally posted by hallo51 View Post
          Hi,

short question, this tool only removes the password and does not touch anything else in the BIOS dump ?

Best,
          hallo51
          Еxactly.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.​
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hell i have created dump with ch341a programmer
            then unlocked with this unlock tool flashed it back but now only fans spin at full
            speed and nothing on the screen i have attached files can someone please check .
            Thank you
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gabucis View Post
              Hell i have created dump with ch341a programmer
              then unlocked with this unlock tool flashed it back but now only fans spin at full
              speed and nothing on the screen i have attached files can someone please check .
              Thank you
              Because sadly your dump is missing most of its content.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                What to do now?

Comment

How could that happen programer was reading ok just had some write timeout error in programmer software but after couple times it was writing fine. Any ideas why that happened?

Comment

How could that happen programer was reading ok just had some write timeout error in programmer software but after couple times it was writing fine. Any ideas why that happened?
                    It had nothing to do with writing. When you read eeprom content, some of the information was lost. Didn't you verify your dump?

You need a working dump from somewhere with clean ME. Not sure about this model but with some models, there is DMI information on EC bios so when you program main bios with wrong information, it will automatically replace it with correct information.

HP bios can get complicated, I am having trouble myself with some models.

Comment

It had nothing to do with writing. When you read eeprom content, some of the information was lost. Didn't you verify your dump?

You need a working dump from somewhere with clean ME. Not sure about this model but with some models, there is DMI information on EC bios so when you program main bios with wrong information, it will automatically replace it with correct information.

HP bios can get complicated, I am having trouble myself with some models.
                      this is Elitebook 1030 G2 when i reed chip i just made 3 backups thats all i have attached other 2 how can i check if they are good or bad ? also which is the main bios because i was flashing 16mb chip but there is also 8gb one
                      Attached Files

Comment

I can confirm this tool works also for the elitebook 1040 x360 G6

Comment

this is Elitebook 1030 G2 when i reed chip i just made 3 backups thats all i have attached other 2 how can i check if they are good or bad ? also which is the main bios because i was flashing 16mb chip but there is also 8gb one
                          You can't read it anymore because you already wrote a faulty dump on it. Basically deleted some of the content.

Try this:
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 01-17-2020, 05:32 AM.

Comment

You can't read it anymore because you already wrote a faulty dump on it. Basically deleted some of the content.

Try this:
                            Now i have 3 long beeps and 2 short

Comment

Try this:
                              i have flashed bios with that file verified its matching but now laptop boots up keyboard flashing and after its producing 3 long and 2 short beeps fans starts to spin at full speed nothing else black screen also have tried different bios files from other forum members same thing. Any ideas what to try next?

Comment

No idea, sorry. Make a new topic about it and maybe someone knows how to help.

And next time don't forget to verify when you read the original dump.

Comment

i have flashed bios with that file verified its matching but now laptop boots up keyboard flashing and after its producing 3 long and 2 short beeps fans starts to spin at full speed nothing else black screen also have tried different bios files from other forum members same thing. Any ideas what to try next?
                                  try this..
                                  Attached Files
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hello,
                                    I would like to remove bios pwd on my 840 g3 . It’s wson8 chip and have gold plated contacts near the bios chip (mx25L12873F).
                                    1/ Is ch341a programmer is compatible for dumping / writing the chip?
                                    2/ Is it possible to do that without desoldering the chip and solder wires directly on the contacts near it?
                                    Thanks for help

Comment

Originally posted by tlfrance View Post
                                      Hello,
                                      I would like to remove bios pwd on my 840 g3 . It's wson8 chip and have gold plated contacts near the bios chip (mx25L12873F).
                                      1/ Is ch341a programmer is compatible for dumping / writing the chip?
                                      2/ Is it possible to do that without desoldering the chip and solder wires directly on the contacts near it?
                                      Thanks for help
                                      Yes, try soldering wires. I always desolder wson8 chips but soldering wires to gold pads should work exactly like using a soic8 clip on soic8 chips. Don't forget to verify your dump.

Comment

Yes, try soldering wires. I always desolder wson8 chips but soldering wires to gold pads should work exactly like using a soic8 clip on soic8 chips. Don't forget to verify your dump.
                                        Thanks for help. I saw 2 different ch341a programmers (black pcb and green pcb) . Difference seems around voltage (5v for black , 3,3 v for green). Which one should I take?

Comment

Hi everyone, i need help.
                                          I have a second-hand elitebook 850 g1 with bios locked by password.
                                          Understood that i need to unlock the BIOS is the ch431a programmer+soip8 with the software to dump my own bios file, to reprogram it and at last flash it. But i see on the motherboard two chips. Which is the correct one? I need to reprogram both bios?
                                          I've attached the img to be more clear.
                                          Thanks everyone
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X