Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by tmax View Post
    hello my name is tom I am new I have a lost hp elitebook pass I read the mix25l3255 chip I did several tests in hex in dump but it does not want to skip the security who could help me please
    Welcome to the Badcaps.net Forums.
    Add full model name of the device, serial number, and attach the bios dump to your request.
    Read forum rules please.
    BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
    RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello sir, I'm sorry

hp elitbook 645 g9 notebook pc
      5cd248fzrh

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
        Welcome to the Badcaps.net Forums.
        Add full model name of the device, serial number, and attach the bios dump to your request.
        Read forum rules please.
        BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools

file is here thanks all
        Attached Files

Comment

file is here thanks all
          No, 362.0 KB is not good enough for a good read. Try again.

Comment

No, 362.0 KB is not good enough for a good read. Try again.

I think my reading is good so I think I am not on the eeprom any info please

Comment

I think my reading is good so I think I am not on the eeprom any info please
              No, as I said it's not good at all. This model should have 32MB bios.
              Last edited by Vesko356; 04-17-2023, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Does this unlock look suspicious? This is on an EliteBook 745 G3. I tried booting with the unlocked rom but all I got was black screen with power & caps lock light on.

I also tried the unlock on a rom from a water damaged 755 G5 and the unlock "looks" much more believable. Too bad I can't boot this one up.

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, your first read is bad. Did you verify what you read?

Oh and thatswhy RCUnlocker is the one to use. It will kinda let you know if you have a bad read.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                    Yes, your first read is bad. Did you verify what you read?

Oh and thatswhy RCUnlocker is the one to use. It will kinda let you know if you have a bad read.
                    Ah ok I was only aware of HPUnlocker. I'll re-read & verify the rom and try RCUnlocker tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

If you already messed up the first read and then wrote a faulty file then it's no use. Already corrupted.

Comment

If you already messed up the first read and then wrote a faulty file then it's no use. Already corrupted.
                        I wrote my "read1.bin" back to the rom and it is booting. Is my read actually bad?

Comment

Probably using Ch341A?

I guess it fails to read/write second half of the file properly so that would explain it.

Try reading and verifying, see if it passes.

Comment

Yes I am using CH431A

I have a new read which I also verified. Checksum is the same as my 2 original reads.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Vesko356; 04-19-2023, 07:43 PM. Reason: Removed external url

Comment

Originally posted by 0x888816 View Post
                              Yes I am using CH431A

I have a new read which I also verified. Checksum is the same as my 2 original reads.
                              You just chose the wrong chip - U366, that's your problem. It is near the RTC battery. The password is in the other with board positional name U365, located next to the CPU fan. Upload a dump of it here and I'll remove the password. Read it twice and compare the contents beforehand.

Comment

You just chose the wrong chip - U366, that's your problem. It is near the RTC battery. The password is in the other with board positional name U365, located next to the CPU fan. Upload a dump of it here and I'll remove the password. Read it twice and compare the contents beforehand.
                                Thank you RCUnlocker recognized it and unlocked it BUT I accidentally made a huge mess while soldering and now it wont boot into bios
                                My immediate repair didn't work so I'll have to get my multimeter out and figure out what's going on

Comment

Hello Brother, Can you please help i Managed to read the BIOS finally, can you please unlock it
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by animorca11 View Post
                                    Hello Brother, Can you please help i Managed to read the BIOS finally, can you please unlock it
                                    Why don't you use the tool yourself? BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                                    Next time don't post your request in two threads at the same time.
                                    Find the topic for the specific laptop model and post a request there.
                                    This thread is for requests in case you didn't succeed on your own or the tool can't unlock the dump.
                                    Read the rules.
                                    RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*:
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Comment

Hello Everybody:

I am try to open the Hp Bios Unlock Tool i have received an error, in Win 10 Pro 64b.

Thankyou very much.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mojtabasultani View Post
                                        Hello Everybody:

I am try to open the Hp Bios Unlock Tool i have received an error, in Win 10 Pro 64b.

Thankyou very much.
                                        Read the rules before posting:

Use the search engine and read the thread carefully, especially post #1:

When you have your dump, just drag and drop your file on my HPUnlocker tool and it will create a new file. It will add "_unlocked" to the name of your locked file.
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...55#post1203555

Comment

Hi. Im new with this. I want to unlock an HP 455 G7 Bios. Can you help. Sorry for my english. Im from Guatemala.

Comment

Working...
                                          X